Been to Charlottesville?
Help other travelers out by rating this destination. Have a question about going to Charlottesville? Ask other travelers in our Travel Q&A.
- Courtyard by Marriott Charlottesville - University Medical Center
- Cavalier Inn at the University
- Sleep Inn & Suites Monticello
- Econo Lodge North
- Days Inn Charlottesville/University Area
- Red Roof Inn Charlottesville
- Comfort Inn University
- Holiday Inn CHARLOTTESVILLE-UNIV AREA
- Inn at Darden
- Holiday Inn CHARLOTTESVILLE-MONTICELLO
- See all Charlottesville Hotels
Traveler Reviews of Charlottesville
MrsJBolt rates Charlottesville
We did Charlottesville for a fall day trip from DC. Everyone I talked to said it was such a cute and even chic town because of a large UVA presence. I might have had too high expectations, because yes the university area is pretty, but other than that Charlottesville doesn't offer that much. The supposedly fabulous downtown was also pretty but there were very few seats or benches that were not claimed by restaurants, there were merchants trying to bombard you to buy scarfs and knick knacks all through the area, and there seem to be quiet a few mentally unstable that where hovering around as well (I live in DC, if I noticed this then there might be something wrong...). If you do visit Charlottesville, do a vineyard tour along the way, and explore W Main St/University Ave area and of course see UVA. Those are the nice parts.
Charlottesville Travel Q&A