Been to Chattanooga?
Help other travelers out by rating this destination. Have a question about going to Chattanooga? Ask other travelers in our Travel Q&A.
- StoneFort Inn
- Days Inn Chattanooga-Rivergate
- Chattanooga Marriott Downtown
- The Chattanoogan Hotel
- Staybridge Suites CHATTANOOGA DWTN - CONV CTNR
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites CHATTANOOGA DOWNTOWN
- Chattanooga Choo Choo
- Courtyard by Marriott Chattanooga Downtown
- La Quinta Inn Chattanooga
- Red Roof PLUS and Suites Chattanooga
- See all Chattanooga Hotels
Traveler Reviews of Chattanooga
Alistair rates Chattanooga
Chattanooga often wins plaudits as one of the U.S.'s most livable cities, although, after having visited a few times now, I'm not totally sold on its charms. The downtown area is very manageable and features family-friendly attractions like the aquarium (A+!) and Creative Discovery Museum. There's plenty of good eateries nearby; my two favorites are Table 2 and St. John's, both of which serve well-prepared nouveau American fare in atmospheric settings (try the Hot Rock fish flight at Table 2!). The hilltop Hunter Museum is also very cool. I haven't really been out in Chattanooga but have heard it's fun. By all accounts, the city has really flourished in the past decade, though I think its downtown still suffers from a lack of life and street traffic after hours. This is very much a driving city, which shows in all the traffic on I-24.
Chattanooga Travel Q&A