What to do in St. Thomas
Once home to various Indian tribes, Spanish settlers, and Danish conquerors, St. Thomas knows what it’s like to be passed along. Now-a-days, the main island of the U.S. Virgin Islands trinity seems to be passed by no one—evidenced by the tourists who flock here in droves. The 32-square-mile outpost sees more than 1.5 million sun-seekers per year, and the two-lane, waterfront Route 30 can be a traffic jam during regular cruise-departure hours. Charlotte Amalie, the capital city and “downtown” region of the island, is where you can browse knick-knack type shops, as well as the name-brand retailers you’d find state-side. If you tire of the hoopla—as you likely will—and want evidence of a more authentic island, tour old Danish sugar mills, regal militia forts, and Blackbeard's Castle, named after the pirate who is said to have frequented the spot.
- Mafolie Hotel
- Galleon House Bed and Breakfast Inn
- Windward Passage Hotel
- Tropic Leisure Club at Magens Point Resort
- Villa Olga Inn
- Sunset Gardens Hotel
- Marriott's Frenchman's Cove
- Best Western Carib Beach Resort
- Marriott Frenchman's Reef and Morning Star Beach Resorts
- Best Western PLUS Emerald Beach Resort
- See all St. Thomas Hotels
Traveler Reviews of St. Thomas
St. Thomas Travel Q&A
- 2 Answers
- I am looking for a hotel for my family in charolette amelia
Asked on June 21, 2012 by Joel | 83 views
- 0 Answers
- Can anyone help me find a all inclusive resort in st. Thomas?
st. thomas or st. john
Asked on March 06, 2012 by Candace | 182 views
- 1 Answer
- Have heard there a bad sand nats at Magens Beach and would like to know if this is true...
Have heard there a bad sand nats at Magens Beach and would like to know if this is true and if they are always there or only certain times of the year.
Asked on November 20, 2010 by an anonymous user | 133 views
- 1 Answer
- Is it better to go all inclusive or pay as you go?
Is it better to go all inclusive or pay as you go?
Asked on August 15, 2010 by an anonymous user | 127 views
- Answer this
from $1645USDfor 7 daysOperated by Sierra Club Outings