High on the Ridge
Ridge Trail Accessibility
Hikers: Entire route, as well as bicycle and equestrian trails to Ridge Trail route.
Hikers only: Coastal Trail and SCA Trail from north end of bridge to junction with the Rodeo Valley Trail.
Equestrians: From Bunker Rd. trailhead northeast on Rodeo Valley Trail and Ridge Trail north.
Bicyclists: Connector trail to Bunker Rd. trailhead, northwest on Rodeo Valley Trail, northeast on Bobcat Trail to Five Comers, and on Ridge Trail route north.
- Hikers, bicyclists, and equestrians: Five Corners to Tennessee Valley.
- No park closing hours. No dogs allowed on Ridge Trail route. For information regarding pet regulations on other trails in Marin Headlands, see Trail Management.
- North end of Golden Gate Bridge: Ample parking for hikers and bicyclists.
- McCullough roads junction: Limited parking for all trail users. Bunker Road trailhead: Ample parking for horse trailers and all trail users. Miwok trailhead at east end of Rodeo Lagoon near Headlands Institute.
- Additional parking for all trail users.
- Marin Headlands visitor center: Water, telephone, and restrooms; open daily 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Headlands Institute (415-332-5771) offers environmental education programs and conference facilities.
- Hawk Camp: Overnight camping and restrooms; Kirby Cove and Battery Alexander-Group camping; reservations required: 415-331-1540.
- Golden Gate Hostel: Open daily all year from 4:30 p.m. to 9:30 a.m.; reservations advisable: (415) 331-2777.
South entrance, Golden Gate Bridge northwest parking: Going north on Hwy. 101, take Alexander Ave. exit and turn left to go under highway. Go right up Conzelman Rd. and make an immediate left turn onto road down to parking lot. Or, continue on Conzelman Rd. to parking at junction with McCullough Rd.
Going south on Hwy. 101, take the Sausalito exit, bear left, go right up Conzelman Rd., and then immediately turn left onto road down to parking lot.
Bunker Road trailhead: With the re-opening of Fort BakerFort Barry Tunnel in 1995, autos and bicyclists may now travel through tunnel to Bunker Rd. trailhead. To reach tunnel traveling north on Hwy. 101, take the Alexander Ave. exit and turn right toward Sausalito. The tunnel entrance is the first road on your left (west). Signals regulate one-way auto traffic. Bicycle traffic in both directions; watch for flashing yellow light.
Traveling south on Hwy. 101, take the Sausalito exit, turn right and go under the highway toward Sausalito. Entrance to tunnel is on your left.
North entrance, Tennessee Valley: From Hwy. 101 near Mill Valley take Stinson BeachMt. Tamalpais exit and go west on Hwy. I (Shoreline Hwy.) for about 0.4 mile. Turn south on Tennessee Valley Rd. and continue to parking at end of road.
Golden Gate Transit buses 20, 60, 70, and 80 stop at Spencer Ave. on Hwy. 101 daily for access to the Morning Sun Connector Trail. MUNI bus 76 to Marin Headlands on Sundays only.
Details mentioned in this article were accurate at the time of publication