Get Outta Town: Atlanta
Order the Get Outta Town Atlanta driving guide here
(map © MAD MAPS®)
POINTS OF INTEREST:
10. Speedi Pig Barbeque, 715 Glynn St. S. (SR-92), Fayetteville, Georgia, tel: (770) 719-2720 "Smokes its 'cue to perfection over hickory wood"
11. Southern Pit, 2964 N. Expwy., Griffin, Georgia, tel: (770) 229-5887 "Fantastic barbecued pork is the specialty here"
12. Hoofers Gospel & Bluegrass Farm, 3472 Hogansville Rd. (US-29), LaGrange, Georgia, tel: (800) 844-6737 "Get fed and mosey on over next door for live music"
8. Franklin D. Roosevelt State Park, 2970 SR-190, Pine Mountain, Georgia, tel: (706) 663-4858 "A natural salve for what ails you"
13. Atlanta Motor Speedway, US-1941, Hampton, Georgia, tel: (770) 946-4211 ~ "Fills the need for speed"
18. Little White House, 401 Little White House Rd., Warm Springs, Georgia, tel: (706) 655-5870 "FDR's house near his healing waters"
SUGGESTED STOP: Visit the healing waters of Warm Springs, GA, along with the charming town and abundance of FDR memorabilia. Take a tour of GA's Atlanta Motor Speedway and enjoy a couple laps around the world-famous track.
DETAILED DRIVING DIRECTIONS:
Total mileage: 178 miles
- Start | US-19
Details mentioned in this article were accurate at the time of publication