What to do in Grand Cayman
The millions of tourists who offload from mega-ships into George Town Harbor will most likely never know what lies outside of the blocks of colonial-style buildings, duty-free shops, and hair-braiding stands. But that’s OK because there are plenty of tourist-trodden locales worthy of a visit. Look past the wannabes who don't know a snorkel from a snapper, and appreciate GC’s Stingray City for what it is: an underwater arena. Local fishermen once cleaned their catches there, and over time the open-water site became a veritable diner for large Atlantic southern stingrays. Through the years, these creatures have become friendlier with the two-legged shore walkers. Divers can head to a 12-foot-deep portion; snorkelers make their stop at the Sandbar, just three feet deep. Watch out for the occasional sea turtle or moray, as well.
- Ocean Paradise
- Cobalt Coast Dive Resort
- Holiday Inn Resort GRAND CAYMAN
- Sunshine Suites Resort
- Britannia Villas
- The Westin Grand Cayman Seven Mile Beach Resort and Spa
- The Ritz-Carlton, Grand Cayman
- Grand Cayman Beach Suites
- Marriott Grand Cayman Beach Resort
- Comfort Suites Cayman Islands
- See all Grand Cayman Hotels
Grand Cayman Travel Q&A
- 1 Answer
- We have heard about Sea Grapes, Royal Palms, and the Public Beach.
Need some guidance as to where on 7-Mile Beach to go for a day of beach vacation. We are 60 somethings and wish for chairs, umbrellas, and a beer or two.
Asked on October 14, 2011 by cruzer0415 | 177 views
- 1 Answer
- i am planning on getting married on Grand Cayman Island and was wondering about wedding...
i am planning on getting married on Grand Cayman Island and was wondering about wedding packages. i am already planning on staying at the Morritts Resort and was wondering how private it is or if there is a more secluded/romantic place to do so. and how far would that be from the Morritts resort?
Asked on July 27, 2010 by an anonymous user | 86 views
- 2 Answers
- Are there any hotels that have casinos?
Are there any hotels that have casinos?
Asked on June 09, 2010 by an anonymous user | 140 views
- 1 Answer
- How is the internet access? Is it worth bringing a laptop or is wireless access hard to...
How is the internet access? Is it worth bringing a laptop or is wireless access hard to find?
If you have ideas about where to find access, that might be helpful. Thanks.
Asked on May 10, 2008 by an anonymous user | 101 views
- Answer this