What to do in Berlin
These days, you can’t walk a block in Berlin without seeing a poster advertising an underground electro-pop party in an abandoned warehouse, a fashion designer on a bicycle, a currywurst stand (the official unofficial snack here is a pork sausage swimming in tomato sauce and sprinkled with curry powder), or a mirrored-glass building next to a 200-year-old wall pocked with 65-year-old bullet holes. It’s achingly hip, ironic, and culturally rich—what other town has six outstanding museums on one small island in the middle of a downtown river? The past is certainly always present here—the Memorial to the Murdered Jews of Europe is right around the corner from the Brandenburg Gate, and you can see both the ancient Pergamon Altar and cutting-edge contemporary art before lunch. Just watch out for the bike-riding fashion designers.
- Sorry, we have no nearby hotels in our system.
- Museum Haus am Checkpoint Charlie
- Brandenburger Tor (Brandenburg Gate)
- Holocaust Memorial
- White Trash Fast Food
- Jüdisches Museum Berlin (Jewish Museum Berlin)
- Potsdamer Platz
- Berliner Mauer Dokumentationszentrum
- Deutsche KinemathekMuseum für Film und Fernsehen
- Schwules Museum
- See all Berlin Attractions
Berlin Travel Q&A