What to do in Marseille
The story of the French seaside city of Marseille goes back to ancient history. Cave paintings nearby are 27,000-years old, and the original city was built by Greeks in 600 B.C. More recently, Marseille has evolved from trading settlement to military base to manufacturing hub to cosmopolitan cultural center and premier tourist destination. There are so many significant (and significantly old) sites in this port city that a week is barely long enough to take them all in. Whether it’s Romanesque cathedrals or fortresses built between the 12th and 17th centuries (including Château d’If, the setting of The Count of Monte Cristo ) or the landscapes that inspired the painters Georges Braque and Andre Derain, Marseille could fill an entire guidebook with its must-sees.
- ibis Marseille Timone
- ibis Styles Marseille Timone (ex all seasons)
- Hipark Marseille
- NewHotel Saint Charles " ex Select"
- ibis Marseille Gare Saint Charles
- Adagio Access Marseille Saint Charles
- Holiday Inn Express MARSEILLE - SAINT CHARLES
- Premiere Classe Marseille Centre
- Mercure Marseille Centre Vieux Port
- Grand Hotel Beauvau Marseille Vieux Port - MGallery Collection
- See all Marseille Hotels
Marseille Travel Q&A