What to do in Florida Keys
There’s a certain irony to the fact that the Florida Keys’ Overseas Highway is the medium by which most people experience a place where land and sea merge. Starting at mile marker 127.5 and stretching out into the blue yonder all the way down to Key West, the road skirts dive shops, tacky tourist stands, marinas, and pristine state parks. You’re never far from the ocean, but get stuck in weekend traffic and you’d swear you’ve entered the seventh ring of commuting hell. Which is exactly why you should pack some swimming gear, fins, snorkel, a picnic... maybe even a tent... and plan to ditch the asphalt as often and as soon as you can. John Pennekamp Coral Reef State Park on Key Largo and Bahia Honda State Park, just outside of Key West, are two great spots to dip your toes in the sand and start that car-free existence.
- The Beach Bungalow
- Banana Bay Resort and Marina
- Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Key West
- Sheraton Suites Key West
- Casa Marina Resort - Waldorf Astoria Collection
- Silver Palms Inn
- Key Lime Inn
- The Reach Resort - Waldorf Astoria Collection
- BEST WESTERN Hibiscus Motel
- Santa Maria Suites Resort
- See all Florida Keys Hotels
- Fort Zachary Taylor State Historic Site and Park
- DreamChaser Gourmet Sunset Dinner Cruise
- Fort Trail
- Key West Butterfly & Nature Conservatory
- La Te Da's Crystal Room Cabaret
- Gay & Lesbian Historic Trolley Tour
- The Bourbon Street Pub Complex
- Gardens Hotel (The)
- Yankee Freedom II
- Ernest Hemingway Home and Museum
- See all Florida Keys Attractions
Traveler Reviews of Florida Keys
Florida Keys Travel Q&A
- 3 Answers
- what is the water temperature in late November
and the average daily temperature in late November or early December
Asked on August 14, 2011 by MCarmin | 471 views
- 1 Answer
- i am planning a road trip- down one coast to key west and up the other- the week of...
i am planning a road trip- down one coast to key west and up the other- the week of christmas- with laptop - should we have any trouble booking rooms- and will it be warm enough for water activity
Asked on November 28, 2010 by an anonymous user | 321 views
- 1 Answer
- Where is the best area of the keys to stay if you want to be close to entertainment,...
Where is the best area of the keys to stay if you want to be close to entertainment, shopping, dinning out?
Asked on April 05, 2010 by an anonymous user | 422 views
- 1 Answer
- Is there moped rentals available?
Is there moped rentals available?
Asked on March 19, 2010 by an anonymous user | 219 views
- Answer this