Expert Travel Advice to St. Louis
- Load up your backpack for a day, weekend, week, or longer. On these lengthy hiking and biking trails, you can really go the distance. Gorp Top Ten
- Away Travel
- Looking for an adventure close to home? Want to dodge the crowds at the country's busiest theme parks? Then spend the night with dinosaurs, sharks, penguins, or Egyptian mummies at the ultimate insider slumber party. Museums and zoos all over the country host sleepovers for families, where fun and education mesh together in an exciting evening adventure. Away Travel
- Trace the Mighty Mississippi from Lake Itasca, Minnesota, south to the Gulf of Mexico. Gorp Travel
- Trout Parks and Spring Creeks. Gorp Travel
- Getaways Just Hours from the Riverfront. Gorp Travel
Top Answers To St. Louis Travel Questions
Answer this2 AnswersIt depends on what you are looking for...just a place to put up a tent or a scenic campground with stuff to do. I can recommend these campgrounds as beautiful and close to St. Louis:Babler State Park, Pere Marquette Park (Across the river in Grafton, IL and there is a great waterpark there called Raging Rivers). There are also several KOA's around St. L and in Illinois, but I can not tell you about how good these are or not. There is also Horseshoe Lake just across the River in Illinois. This is probably your closest and most scenic, but pretty rustic. You can swim, fish and camp there. The campsites are shaded too!
Probably not going to be your luxe Bugaboo brand, but I should think younger kids will be just fine. Bring some blankets to roll up as a pillow. Another option? Get some cheapo umbrella strollers from Target or Walmart before you go.
Answer this3 AnswersWe are there now and it is just fine. We haven't had any troubles. We have been everywhere, arch, baseball game, river, dowtown, museums, butterfly house, grants farm. Not a problem at all.
Gaslight Square seemed to be the center of entertainment during the 50s and 60s, though now it is mostly residential homes. This location may have been where the supper or burlesque club were located.