Expert Travel Advice to Savannah
- Operation Vacation: Don’t let your valuable vacation days languish in some workplace-controlled bank. Get out there and take your vacation back in 2013!. Away Travel
- Places where things go more than bump in the night: A ghostly tour. Away Travel
- From horror movies to Halloween, Americans love to get their blood boiling from time to time. For those of you that relate, and love a good road trip, here are five of the creepiest towns in America. Away Top Ten
- Away Travel
- During late spring and summer, two southern jewelsCharleston, South Carolina, and Savannah, Georgiaglow bright and attract big crowds. Head there during the region's mild winters, however, and you can embrace all of that southern charm for a song. Away Travel
- Away Travel
- Drive between the Big Apple and the tip of Florida. Gorp Travel
- Biking. Gorp Travel
- Blade Through History. Gorp Top Ten
Top Answers To Savannah Travel Questions
Answer this1 AnswerSeems like a horse-drawn carriage ride, a pirate tour, or a ghost walk would be lots of fun for you and the kids. Also, spend some time at the beach on Tybee Island and take the kids to eat seafood at the family-friendly Crab Shack.
Go to the Maritime Convention Center Main Entrance. Park on the curb on the Weston Resort side. Board and ride the Ferry across the river. (Its was Free the last time we did it.) Find out what days the trolley is running on River Street. Ride the Trolley both ways on River Street. Be polite to the trolley Driver be talkitive. He is a nice guy and very informitive about his Trolley as well as Savannah. The trolley ride was free for a while but not the fair is reasonable. while you travel "almost free" think about weather you want an expensive fine meal at the Weston Resort or a fun one on Tubby's Porch on the Savannah side of the river. The Best deal and best lunch is at Skyler's a short walk up the bluff across Bay street. Its in the basement of the East Bay Inn. the walk is well worth it. The boat ride back to your free parking space will give you time to munch on the Bear Claw you got at the candy store on River Street Enjoy
Answer this1 AnswerThe 2010 dates were March 25-28. In 2011, this tour goes from March 24-27. Here is the direct website for more information: http://www.savannahtourofhomes.org/
joslyn asked:Answer this2 AnswersDrew answered:If you're looking to try something a little different, but still be part of the action on River Street, check out the Bohemian Hotel. Part of the Autograph Collection of boutique hotels by Richard Kessler, its gothic style fits the haunted reputation of the Hostess city of the South. Rocks on the Roof, the hotel's rooftop bar, has become one of the hottest spots in town. Alternately, if you're looking for a resort-style hotel, the Westin Savannah has all the amenities. Have drinks poolside, let the kids play in the splash zone, and make smores by the outdoor fire pit, all while enjoying views of River Street from Hutchinson Island across the river. There are free ferries that run about every half hour to shuttle you from the hotel to the River Walk. Bonus: if you find yourself there the first Friday of the month, enjoy a low country oyster roast, live music, and full bar by the riverside. Oh, and fireworks.