Expert Travel Advice to Savannah
- Operation Vacation: Don’t let your valuable vacation days languish in some workplace-controlled bank. Get out there and take your vacation back in 2013!. Away Travel
- Places where things go more than bump in the night: A ghostly tour. Away Travel
- From horror movies to Halloween, Americans love to get their blood boiling from time to time. For those of you that relate, and love a good road trip, here are five of the creepiest towns in America. Away Top Ten
- Away Travel
- During late spring and summer, two southern jewelsCharleston, South Carolina, and Savannah, Georgiaglow bright and attract big crowds. Head there during the region's mild winters, however, and you can embrace all of that southern charm for a song. Away Travel
- Away Travel
- Drive between the Big Apple and the tip of Florida. Gorp Travel
- Biking. Gorp Travel
- Blade Through History. Gorp Top Ten
Top Answers To Savannah Travel Questions
Answer this1 AnswerThere is a waiting area with pay phones, so you could call a cab service if one isn't at the station already. Check Amtrak's website for more information on the particular station.
joslyn asked:Answer this2 AnswersDrew answered:If you're looking to try something a little different, but still be part of the action on River Street, check out the Bohemian Hotel. Part of the Autograph Collection of boutique hotels by Richard Kessler, its gothic style fits the haunted reputation of the Hostess city of the South. Rocks on the Roof, the hotel's rooftop bar, has become one of the hottest spots in town. Alternately, if you're looking for a resort-style hotel, the Westin Savannah has all the amenities. Have drinks poolside, let the kids play in the splash zone, and make smores by the outdoor fire pit, all while enjoying views of River Street from Hutchinson Island across the river. There are free ferries that run about every half hour to shuttle you from the hotel to the River Walk. Bonus: if you find yourself there the first Friday of the month, enjoy a low country oyster roast, live music, and full bar by the riverside. Oh, and fireworks.
You should fly into the Savannah Hilton Head International Airport.
There's plenty to do! Take a ghost tour in a hearse, enjoy a cold one while strolling River Street, marvel at the enormity of the container ships traversing the river, daytrip to Tybee Island, take the kids to the Forsyth Park playgrounds, and let the kids run through the brand new fountain at City Market (bring towels!). If you want to lodge near the water, the Hyatt Regency provides convenient direct elevator access to River St. The Marriot Riverfront provides great river views also. With a family of five, we always try to get upgraded to a suite. The extra room will be appreciated.