Expert Travel Advice to Savannah
- Operation Vacation: Don’t let your valuable vacation days languish in some workplace-controlled bank. Get out there and take your vacation back in 2013!. Away Travel
- Places where things go more than bump in the night: A ghostly tour. Away Travel
- From horror movies to Halloween, Americans love to get their blood boiling from time to time. For those of you that relate, and love a good road trip, here are five of the creepiest towns in America. Away Top Ten
- Away Travel
- During late spring and summer, two southern jewelsCharleston, South Carolina, and Savannah, Georgiaglow bright and attract big crowds. Head there during the region's mild winters, however, and you can embrace all of that southern charm for a song. Away Travel
- Away Travel
- Drive between the Big Apple and the tip of Florida. Gorp Travel
- Biking. Gorp Travel
- Blade Through History. Gorp Top Ten
Top Answers To Savannah Travel Questions
The beach is still there, best we can tell. However, being a barrier island, the shape and dynamic of the shoreline is ever-changing. There are five miles of lovely white sands here, with five main sections either near the main downtown area or in more sheltered locales. Other nearby beach options are Jeykll Island, St. Simons, or Amelia Island over the Florida line. Head north for good times at Hilton Head, Kiawah Island, and Myrtle Beach in South Carolina. Incidentally, Kiawah placed tenth in Dr. Beach's 2008 list of the best American beaches (more info available at: http://blogs.away.com/beach_guide/2008/05/dr-beach-has-sp.html).
Answer this1 AnswerThe 2010 dates were March 25-28. In 2011, this tour goes from March 24-27. Here is the direct website for more information: http://www.savannahtourofhomes.org/
Here is a fishing guide that may help you (http://bit.ly/epcfuM). Unfortunately, I'm not able to find any cabin rentals in the areas you are requesting.
joslyn asked:Answer this2 AnswersDrew answered:If you're looking to try something a little different, but still be part of the action on River Street, check out the Bohemian Hotel. Part of the Autograph Collection of boutique hotels by Richard Kessler, its gothic style fits the haunted reputation of the Hostess city of the South. Rocks on the Roof, the hotel's rooftop bar, has become one of the hottest spots in town. Alternately, if you're looking for a resort-style hotel, the Westin Savannah has all the amenities. Have drinks poolside, let the kids play in the splash zone, and make smores by the outdoor fire pit, all while enjoying views of River Street from Hutchinson Island across the river. There are free ferries that run about every half hour to shuttle you from the hotel to the River Walk. Bonus: if you find yourself there the first Friday of the month, enjoy a low country oyster roast, live music, and full bar by the riverside. Oh, and fireworks.