Expert Travel Advice to San Juan
- They say life begins at 30, but that doesn't mean you shouldn't squeeze as much adventure as possible into your 20s. Here, Away.com editor Lacy Morris lists 30 things every person with a bit of wanderlust must see and do before they're 30. Away Top Ten
- The holidays are a good time for catching up with family, traveling, or just getting a break from work. But they are also a good time to eat, a lot. Here are our top holiday getaways for the foodie. Away Top Ten
- Exotic Edibles: Light Your Fire. Bonnier Travel
- Beach Travel Expert Gary Chandler picks the hottest spring break spots and then offers alternative suggestions for travelers in search of something a bit off the beaten path. Away Top Ten
- There's more to Puerto Rico's capital city than just testing the SPF levels in your suntan lotion. Gorp Travel
- Accessible? Yes. Ordinary? Not even. From Caribbean Sea resorts to rainforest paradors, this little island is reinventing luxury with a Puerto Rican flare. Away Travel
- Away Travel
- Away Trip Idea
Top Answers To San Juan Travel Questions
Answer this1 AnswerGas is not much cheaper than in U.S., though it can appear that way as prices are quoted in liters, not gallons. Current rates look to be around $.90 for a liter, which works out to around $3.50/gallon.
Nathan answered:I'd suggest looking into Hosteria del Mar. It's just outside of main San Juan, so you're removed from the big-city vibe. It's right on the water, with water-facing bungalows, the food at the attached restaurant is great, and the prices are pretty reasonable. Outside of San Juan, i'd suggest somewhere in Rincon, which is a big surfing area. But I've not vacationed there, myself. But I did have lunch at Hosteria del Mar and wished I'd stayed there. Also, San Juan-based WoW Surfing School is a good resource for surfing lessons...
Answer this2 AnswersTell me what city you are flying from. High season in the Caribbean runs until April 15th. But there might be some great airfares to PR. It is popular destination with airfares being alot less than to other parts of the Caribbean.
Try the Caribe Hilton, which has a good range of activities of different ages: http://vacation.away.com/hotels/travel-ld-cid2495-san-juan-hotelid809883-caribe-hilton-hotel.html