Expert Travel Advice to Salt Lake City
- This state has some of the best snow, skiing, and snowboarding in North America. Follow our guide to get to the best of it in the easiest, most efficient way. Away Travel
- Away Travel
- Want to steer clear of the glitz and glam of some of the most popular ski resorts? Here are some old-school classic ski resorts that keep the pretentiousness out and the powder deep. Away Top Ten
- Gorp Travel
- Are you a penny pincher with wanderlust? Don’t fret; here is our guide to riding and enjoying five different ski-centric locations while sticking to the budget. Away Practical Advice
- The gear experts at ActiveJunky.com, a partner of GORP.com, know the outdoors like the back of their hands. Here they guide you to six great city hikes across the country, with gear recommendations for each spot included. Gorp Top Ten
- The shortlist of public lands angling for national monument status has leakedand here's our top picks. Gorp Top Ten
- Alta and Snowbird. Away Travel
- Utah & Montana. Away Travel
- Ski like a local, earn early bragging rights, and (most importantly) carve some pre-holiday pow with this guide to pre-season ski resort deals. Away Travel
- North American Hot Spots. Away Travel
- Introduction. Gorp Travel
- Discover Hiking Paradise Near the Great Salt Lake. Gorp Travel
- Utah. Gorp Travel
Top Answers To Salt Lake City Travel Questions
Answer this1 AnswerAssume you mean the Living Planet Aquarium? More info on prices and directions at: http://www.thelivingplanet.com/.
If you want to arrange a tour, all you have to do is find the tour that you want to go on, and then you should be able to go then, you don't need to make reservations before.
Answer this1 AnswerFrom the UK, right? Unfortunately, there are no non-stop flights out of the UK to SLC, so you'd need to transfer somewhere like New York, Chicago, or Atlanta (about 8-10 hours from London). From there, it'll be another 4 hours on a domestic flight to SLC. If you can get to Paris, Delta offers a direct flight from there to SLC.
Getting outdoors with a three-year-old is always a good idea, and SLC certainly offers plenty of fresh-air choices, not least of which is the winter- and spring/summer-programs at Snowbird Ski & Summer Resort (less than 30 miles from SLC; http://away.com/family-resorts/snowbird-utah.html). Nearer (or if your young-un's not quite ready for the skis), you could try Hogle Zoo (http://vacation.away.com/attractions/travel-ad-cid2384-salt-lake-city-attid147718-utah&-39-s-hogle-zoo-attraction.html), the hands-on exhibits at Discovery Gateway (formerly the Children's Museum of Utah; http://vacation.away.com/attractions/travel-ad-cid2384-salt-lake-city-attid147717-the-children%27s-museum-of-utah.html), or the Living Planet Aquarium (http://www.thelivingplanet.com/). If you're there in summer, you might also consider the Lagoon Amusement Park (http://www.lagoonpark.com).