Expert Travel Advice to Philadelphia
- They say life begins at 30, but that doesn't mean you shouldn't squeeze as much adventure as possible into your 20s. Here, Away.com editor Lacy Morris lists 30 things every person with a bit of wanderlust must see and do before they're 30. Away Top Ten
- Restaurant-booking website Savored, a partner of Away.com, picks ten must-visit restaurants in Philadelphia. Try not to drool on your keyboard. Away Top Ten
- Summer's first kick-off party is undoubtedly Memorial Day, though we think the 4th of July takes the cake for the biggest and the best intro to the sweltering heat. So fire up the grill, ice down some beverages, and look to the night sky in observance of America's birthday. Here are the top five places to see fireworks in the USofA. Away Practical Advice
- July 4th means fireworks, parades, and BBQ! Away.com shares our favorite places to celebrate Independence Day. Away Travel
- Eastern State Penitentiary, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Away Top Ten
- Fall is a great season to get outside, with foliage-viewing high on everyone's list. But for a vacation that's a bit different, a trip to the vineyard during the eventful harvest season is in order. If you don't have the timeor moneyto plan a trip to a wine region like Sonoma or Napa Valley, check out these off-the-beaten-path wine destinations, many of which are a quick dash from a major city. Away Top Ten
- Celebrate America's Independence Day in style this year. Here, we've picked our ten favorite spots. Away Top Ten
- This football season, turn off NFL Sunday Ticket, and venture out to these ten football stadiums, the cream of the crop. If scoring tickets to a game proves too elusive, bring some brews and don your best paraphernalia to tailgate outside with all the die-hard fans. Away Top Ten
- Explore Cape May, a stunning coastal stretch offering beaches, migrating birdlife, and the Victorian charms of the town of Cape May. Away Travel
- City-Specific Food Tours. Away Travel
- Envision American history as a living thing, and this route would be a tour of its central nervous system, from the staging ground of the American Revolution to the nation-forming Civil War to the breeding ground of the States' current political climate. Away Travel
- Away Travel
- Trails to Try - East. Gorp Travel
- Angela's Afterword. Gorp Travel
- The City of Rubberly Love. Gorp Travel
- Promised Land State Park, Pennsylvania. Gorp Travel
Top Answers To Philadelphia Travel Questions
Answer this2 AnswersAnywhere within 10 blocks of City Hall will put you within 15-20 minutes leisurely walking distance of 90% of the "A list" sites in the city. Center City is just about as flat as your dining room table so you aren't going to kill yourself, no matter where you decide to go. I have been visiting Philadelphia for 50 years and still have not tired of it or completed seeing it. It never, ever disappoints.
Trenton, New Jersey is only 10 miles away and has plenty of activities and attractions including the Kids Bridge Children's Museum or you can drive 10 miles to Bristol, Pennsylvania and check out Fun Town, an small amusement park with kid-friendly rides.
jjploch asked:Answer this2 AnswersDennis answered:Ticketing and Boarding is across the street from the Liberty Bell at 6th and Chestnut Streets. The tour last about 90 minutes.
Answer this4 Answerssunartmoon answered:Just a short distance (5 min. drive) from center city Philadelphia is a “forgotten” Penn Treaty Park. In the fall you might be able to see a River City Festival in the Park. It’s located in a vibrant neighborhood called Fishtown. To learn more and see lots of great photographs of not only Philadelphia but also Fishtown take a look at: http://www.fishtownonline.com