Expert Travel Advice to Panama
- La Loma Jungle Lodge, Isla Bastimentos, Panama. Away Top Ten
- Panama (instead of Costa Rica). Away Top Ten
- Start underneath the shadow of the mouse's giant ears, then flee the amusement park mania by heading to the seldom-experienced, truly unique aquatic wonders of Central Florida, the Panhandle, and state's Big Bend. Gorp Travel
- Eco-Lodges For the Whole Family. Gorp Travel
- History lies just below the lush, natural beauty that defies political change. Away Travel
Top Answers To Panama Travel Questions
jan asked:Answer this0 Answers
Alistair answered:If you're talking best, David, then Conde Nast Traveler and Travel + Leisure are both good sources for high-end recommendation about cruise lines plying the canal. T+L recommends Crystal Cruises as its favorite line in this recent article from June 2011 (http://bit.ly/A92nGF). Meanwhile. Conde Nast plumps for Lindblad's "Costa Rica and Panama Canal" itinerary, info about which you can find here: http://bit.ly/azkf7R. Obviously, this is a multi-country affair so maybe not ideal for you. In fact, if you just want to cruise the canal, you may be better off booking a private yacht charter as many of the larger cruise lines turn around halfway in. The Lindblad/NG Expeditions ship, the National Geographic Sea Lion, is the only passenger ship that's allowed to sail to the Smithsonian Tropical Research Institute on the Canal's Barro Colorado Island. You also get to sail the canal at night, when everything is illuminated. Talking of the Smithsonian, Smithsonian Journeys also offers a multi-country itinerary between Costa Rica and Panama that takes in the canal (http://bit.ly/zNqltr).
The Treasures of Panama, Spanish Panama School, Fishing, Railway. Rene Cafe, Marina Marina, La Posta, are restaurants.