Expert Travel Advice to Martha's Vineyard
- Away Travel
- Vacation rental website FlipKey, a partner of Away.com, picks ten of New England's best beaches. You might want to call in sick tomorrow and work on your tan. Away Top Ten
- Summer's first kick-off party is undoubtedly Memorial Day, though we think the 4th of July takes the cake for the biggest and the best intro to the sweltering heat. So fire up the grill, ice down some beverages, and look to the night sky in observance of America's birthday. Here are the top five places to see fireworks in the USofA. Away Practical Advice
- Madras shorts and yacht clubs aside, Martha's Vineyard's got plenty of opportunities for the whole family to explore, play, eat, and relax. Our family expert Steve Jermanok should know—he brings his family back every year. Away Travel
- From biking to kayaking, horseback riding to swimming, snorkeling to hiking, these beach destinations will keep your heart racing on your next vacation. Gorp Top Ten
- Away Travel
- New England's best family beaches. Away Travel
- Western Hemisphere: Cape Cod, Massachusetts. Gorp Top Ten
Top Answers To Martha's Vineyard Travel Questions
Answer this1 AnswerKen Goldberg of the Martha's Vineyard Chamber of Commerce suggested you contact Home Medical Equipment Services Inc. (508-693-0601).
Pieter answered:Fishbones is kind of touristy. Nancy's, right near the OB dock also, is better. The best is if you take a bus Up Island to Menemsha and order food at this little shack called "The Bite." You can also get seafood (cooked or not) right off the boats there (Larson's seafood runs a shop) and watch a sunset over water. Bring beach chairs. And wine.
Hi Lyndsey. Unfortunately, I Don't think there is a tour or museum that caters to the movie Jaws. But, a quick google search of Jaws will tell you the places it was filmed. You could probably put together a self-guided tour through that.
You don't say where you're getting into, but there's a nice ride from Edgartown to South Beach along Katama Road. More info on biking on Martha's Vineyard via the "Bicycle Riding" link at http://www.mvy.com.