Expert Travel Advice to Las Vegas
- They say life begins at 30, but that doesn't mean you shouldn't squeeze as much adventure as possible into your 20s. Here, Away.com editor Lacy Morris lists 30 things every person with a bit of wanderlust must see and do before they're 30. Away Top Ten
- Travel only in the most opulent of settings? Then this is the list for you. Here are the world's most expensive luxury hotel rooms. Away Top Ten
- Away Travel
- Money is always an issue when it comes to plotting that annual outing for you and your brood. But these ten locales rank high on adventure and affordability. Away Top Ten
- From the expected to the surreal to the inspired, our hedonistic travel expert hones in on the top ten spots to bid bachelorhood farewell. Away Top Ten
- Gorp Travel
- Some people's idea of vacation is a weekend spent stagnant next to an infinity pooland there is nothing wrong with that. For others, it means logging some serious miles in crowded city streets, on pink-sand beaches, and through quiet hill country. Here are our picks for top ten destination marathons (with a few other kinds of races sprinkled in) from New York to Paris. Away Top Ten
- Spas are in, and no 21st-century resort can afford to be without one. While you can be massaged, exfoliated, and pampered in thousands of establishments in hundreds of locales, there are some spas that reach beyond the ordinary, making them standouts on the ever growing spa circuit. Here, our ten favorites. Away Top Ten
- When spring is near, but still oh so far away, try one of our favorite late-season trips, and see winter out with a bang. Away Top Ten
- Away Travel
- Away Travel
- Ride between the Canadian Rockies and the Rio Grande. Gorp Travel
- Leave Sin City for the jackpot of all adventure-filled road trips, rolling through Grand Canyon, Glen Canyon, Bryce, Zion, and Death Valley national parks. Gorp Travel
- Top ideas for romance in Las Vegas. Away Travel
- Luxury Attractions in Sin City. Away Travel
- Adventurous Escapes near Sin City. Gorp Travel
- Las Vegas, Nevada. Gorp Top Ten
- Basecamps - Grand Canyon. Gorp Travel
Top Answers To Las Vegas Travel Questions
Richard answered:I like early to middle of May
Don't know bus rates, but there are definitely buses--or, if you prefer, flights from Las Vegas to the Canyon and return. Las Vegas Chamber of Commerce office (call on week day) should be able to assist you. It is about a 5/6 hour drive from Las Vegas to Grand Canyon. (five hours to turnoff) As I understand it, you can no longer drive directly to the Canyon, but Chamber should be able to help you with that,too. If not, check with the Flagstaff Chamber of Commerce for Grand Canyon information. I'm sure there is a summer schedule and a winter schedule, so you should take that into account, too.
Check with your hotel and see if they offer a shuttle service. Otherwise, there are several reliable airport shuttle services that charge less than $10 each direction. This would preclude the need for a car seat.
Aileen answered:Fremont Street is a must do. You can buy a 24 hour bus pass which will take you from the strip to the old Strip area. Very entertaining and much less expensive. In this area you can also find the Mob Museum,the new Neon Lights museum and the Pawn Shop among other things.