Expert Travel Advice to Honduras
- Gorp Travel
- The best fly-fishing and deep-sea package trips. Gorp Travel
- Away.com Beach Experts Gary Chandler and Liza Prado share their favorite snorkel spots in the Caribbean, Central America, and Mexico. Away Top Ten
- Diving. Away Travel
- Away Top Ten
- What do you do when your beach vacation has a bit too much, well, beach time? Get active—and make returning to that beach towel all the more rewarding. Away Travel
- Utila, Bay Islands. Bonnier Travel
- In the Bay Islands of Honduras, you can choose from three different kinds of tranquilo. Bonnier Travel
- Away Travel
- The Lodge at Pico Bonito transforms one of Honduras' most impenetrable national parks into a quiet rainforest retreat with equal measures of adventure and leisure. Gorp Travel
- Away Trip Idea
- Dare to Dream: A Nine-Month Round-the-World Itinerary (Cont.). Away Travel
- Two Weeks in Honduras. Away Travel
- Central America's Caribbean: Honduras and Belize. Away Travel
- Introduction. Gorp Travel
- Trek the Mosquito Coast: Honduras. Gorp Top Ten
- Hike Pico Bonito Park, Honduras. Gorp Top Ten
- The Mayan Ruins of Mexico, Guatemala, Belize, and Honduras. Gorp Travel
- Maya Guatemala, Belize, Honduras. Gorp Travel
- Gorp Travel
- Scuba Diving - The Bay Islands, Honduras. Gorp Travel
- The top ten stops on your natural world tour. Away Travel
Top Answers To Honduras Travel Questions
Answer this1 AnswerSandy Bay is on the Honduran island of Roatan, lying about 50 miles offshore of the Central American mainland. You'll have to fly or take a boat to get there from the town of Santa Fe; ferries to Roatan depart twice daily from La Ceiba, not too far from Santa Fe.
Answer this1 AnswerThe cruise-ship terminal is located on the west end of the island at Coxen Hole, close to the airport.
Answer this1 AnswerHonduras is situated entirely within the tropics, so temperatures fluctuate depending on altitude more than location. Lowland locales on the Caribbean and Pacific coasts remain hot throughout most of the year, with some respite from rain and ocean breezes. Head to the more mountainous interior and things will cool down to a more comfortable level, even to freezing up in the highest cloud forests. Generally speaking, January and February are the coolest months, with March and April being the hottest. Although there are some regional variations, the rainy season hits from May until about late November. There's usually a short six-week lull in August or September. The early part of the rainy season sees mostly sharp afternoon downpours, while more persistent rains and even hurricanes pass through in October and November.
Answer this1 AnswerIt's probably a little more dangerous than your average adventure vacation...