Expert Travel Advice to Harpers Ferry
- Experience the rich history of the U.S., from Native American culture and the Civil War, to the gunslingers of the Wild West and the civil rights movement. Away Top Ten
- Envision American history as a living thing, and this route would be a tour of its central nervous system, from the staging ground of the American Revolution to the nation-forming Civil War to the breeding ground of the States' current political climate. Away Travel
- Harpers Ferry. Gorp Travel
- Harpers Ferry, WV. Gorp Travel
- Harpers Ferry National Historical Park. Gorp Travel
Top Answers To Harpers Ferry Travel Questions
Answer this1 AnswerHarpers Ferry National Historical Park is open daily from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.; closed Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day, and New Year's Day.
The Washington Post has put out some really good travel features over the years about interesting places around WV. You can browse them at: http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/artsandliving/travel/unitedstates/wv/. Some towns to consider might include Lewisburg, Shepherdstown, and the spa town of Berkley Springs, not to mention the opulent spread at The Greenbrier. Enjoy your road trip!
I would contact either http://www.rivertrail.com/kayaking-directory.php or http://www.riverriders.com/RRMain.asp?Option=List&Activity=Kayaking for the best places to kayak (flat water). The employees there would surely give you the answer you're looking for.
Try staying at the Laurel Lodge (http://www.laurellodge.com/) located in West Virginia. it's a beautiful bed and breakfast with a stunning view of the Shenandoah Valley. Being in Harper's Ferry, there are a number of activities you'll be able to enjoy, such as hitting up the town center or orchard farms, hiking on one of the many trails, and visiting the numerous vineyards available.