Expert Travel Advice to Harpers Ferry
- Experience the rich history of the U.S., from Native American culture and the Civil War, to the gunslingers of the Wild West and the civil rights movement. Away Top Ten
- Envision American history as a living thing, and this route would be a tour of its central nervous system, from the staging ground of the American Revolution to the nation-forming Civil War to the breeding ground of the States' current political climate. Away Travel
- Harpers Ferry. Gorp Travel
- Harpers Ferry, WV. Gorp Travel
- Harpers Ferry National Historical Park. Gorp Travel
Top Answers To Harpers Ferry Travel Questions
Answer this1 AnswerHarpers Ferry National Historical Park is open daily from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.; closed Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day, and New Year's Day.
In addition to Charles Town, Shepardstown is also nearby & has a lot of antique stores as well as an outstanding bakery. If you're in the vicinity over a weekend, don't miss Sunday brunch at the Bavarian Inn.
Answer this1 AnswerNo, not at this location.
I would contact either http://www.rivertrail.com/kayaking-directory.php or http://www.riverriders.com/RRMain.asp?Option=List&Activity=Kayaking for the best places to kayak (flat water). The employees there would surely give you the answer you're looking for.