Expert Travel Advice to Dallas
- For a culture-minded vacationwhether you want to admire breathtakingly beautiful art, stimulate your creativity, or get provoked by the edgy and offbeat here's our list of ten don't-miss cities. Away Top Ten
- Cruise the lower Lower 48 between San Diego, California, and Savannah, Georgia. Gorp Travel
- Dallas/Ft. Worth. Gorp Top Ten
- Away General
- Introduction. Gorp Travel
- Mountain Fork River, Oklahoma. Gorp Top Ten
- Camping with Canines in the Lonestar State. Gorp Travel
- Family Fun Minutes from the Metroplex. Gorp Travel
- Traveling in the footsteps of the POTUS. Away Travel
Top Answers To Dallas Travel Questions
Ramirez asked:Answer this1 AnswerODenough answered:Depending on how close you want to stay to the IKEA, which is north of Dallas in Frisco, you could look around the big Stonebriar Mall. There's a modern Aloft property (a Starwood brand) that's currently showing rooms for $71/night this weekend ($109 with breakfast). Obviously, you'll need to add in taxes. The hotel is just over a mile from the IKEA. There's plenty shopping up in Stonebriar, plus area restaurants and a few resorts offering spa treatments and the like. It's a bit of schlep to get into Dallas itself, so if you're looking for more nightlife, check out some of the hotel's in Deep Elum and the Dallas Arts District downtown. Might be a little harder to get rooms for under $100, though.
Haha, my mistake (though I hope you'll try Sambuca or Cafe260 -- great spots, nonetheless!). Funnily enough, there's also a Sambuca in uptown Dallas, though it's a way south of the Galleria area. SoHo Food & Jazz looks to be a nice mellow hangout near your hotel. Have a good trip.
Flying time is around four hours (typically is quicker getting there as you've got the Gulf Stream as your tailwind). Loads of carriers service this route, including American, Delta, and Continental. Search Trip.com to find the best rates: http://www.trip.com/