Expert Travel Advice to Cancun
- One way to cut travel costs is to opt for an all-inclusive resort. These one-stop shops ensure you won’t spend a peso more once you hand over your credit card (always read the fine print). Here are five cheap, but quality, all-inclusive options in Mexico. Away Practical Advice
- The Caribbean is famous for secluded beaches, quaint island towns, and year-round sunshine. But getting away will cost you, stopping many travelers from booking their dream trip. To help bring your wanderlust to fruition, here are seven cheap Caribbean vacations to consider. Away Practical Advice
- Skip the hassle of budgeting every last detail of your tripall-inclusive vacations are an ideal way to keep tabs on your finances by paying for your trip in one swipe of the plastic. Here are the pros and cons of going all-inclusive, as well as some resort deals to consider for your next vacation. Away Top Ten
- South of the border dreamin’? Here is our guide to traveling through Mexico while sticking to the budget. Away Practical Advice
- Do recent headlines have you second-guessing your family's Mexico vacation? The good news is, you're not alone. The better news is, Mexico is still a safe destination for the savvy traveler. Follow our advice for a stress-free vacation south of the border. Away Practical Advice
- Zoëtry Paraiso de la Bonita, Mexico. Bonnier Travel
- Visiting this Mexican hotspot is almost a given—here’s how to make it your own. Away Travel
- Beach Travel Expert Gary Chandler picks the hottest spring break spots and then offers alternative suggestions for travelers in search of something a bit off the beaten path. Away Top Ten
- Two New Orleans women use the wisdom of the ancient Mayas and the landscape of two sunny Mexican islands to rejuvenate. Bonnier Travel
- Away Travel
- Away Travel
- Away Travel
- Explore the Mayan Ruins. Gorp Top Ten
- Cancun, Mexico. Gorp Top Ten
- The Yucatan in Transition. Gorp Travel
- A spring break. One that's way beyond booze cruises and Lauderdale crowds. Away Travel
Top Answers To Cancun Travel Questions
Answer this1 AnswerIt's about a four-hour bus journey between Cancun and Merida, with lots of transportation options. There's some great info at: http://www.yucatantoday.com/transportation/eng-bus-lines.htm. Have a great trip!
jj asked:Answer this1 AnswerAlistair answered:I hear you on the need to find somewhere comfortable, affordable, and convenient when traveling with young kids! Happily, Cancun is brimming with dozens of mega-resorts and all-inclusives, all packed to the gills with amenities for the younger set. But as you note, all you really need for kids under three is a pool, access to the beach, and a nice shady place in which to take that afternoon nap! There are some affordable options in the all-inclusive category, most notably if you can travel outside high season (which is Christmas and the winter months). Cancun's Sea Adventure Resort & Waterpark has pretty affordable rates, plus kids under five stay free. A bit higher on the scale, Riu Caribe get solid reviews from travelers and is packed with amenities for both he kiddos and the parents. On the cheaper, no-frills end, Villas Marlin next to the Sheraton in Cancun's Hotel Zone offers condo-style accommodation (kitchenette, washer/dryer, plus small on-site grocery store) and easy access to three small pools as well as the beach. Look across the water, too, to nearby Isla Mujeres and Avalon Reef Club, which is a laid-back spot that has suites equipped with kitchenettes to help with food prep, etc. back in your room. If you don't mind the shortish journey south to Playa del Carmen, you'll find loads more great properties with slightly cheaper rates than in Cancun. Some wallet-friendly all-inclusive picks here include the lush Catalonia Playa Maroma and Riu Tequila, both of which offer off-season rates as low as $80 per night. Given that this is such a popular destination, definitely shop around for the best rates and packages for your dates of travel. Even the higher-end four- and five-star places will be offering deals to get you in the their doors for less. Lastly, if you haven't yet booked your flights, don't forget air-hotel packages, which can shave significant $$$ off available hotel rates for some surprisingly upscale properties.
Answer this1 AnswerYou can find out where the nearest hobie rentals in the area are by contacting the concierge at the hotel. For more ideas on your vacation, check out our Cancun Travel Guide http://vacation.away.com/mexico/travel-v2-cid4349-cancun-cid400173-travel.html
jadowrao answered:I would suggest :Moon Palace " in cancun , it is very exotic, service excellent, food very good to excellent. there are shops for the shopoholic, beach for the water lovers. I am sure you will have excellent time of your life and you may want to back again the next time.