Expert Travel Advice to Blue Ridge Parkway
- They say life begins at 30, but that doesn't mean you shouldn't squeeze as much adventure as possible into your 20s. Here, Away.com editor Lacy Morris lists 30 things every person with a bit of wanderlust must see and do before they're 30. Away Top Ten
- Away Travel
- No matter the season, it is always prime time to get out into the great outdoorsafter all, a natural high is the only way to go. Here are some scenic drives that are sure to take your breath away. Away Top Ten
- Temperatures drop, jackets zip up, and the country takes on a comforting hue of fall colorsautumn is here. Leaf peeping is an age-old tradition, and one that only gets better with time. Here are four American road trips that will surely get your camera clicking. Away Top Ten
- Away Top Ten
- Where to go to make your life list grow. Gorp Top Ten
- Our favorite dog-friendly hiking trails will inspire you to get outside with your best furry-faced pal. Gorp Top Ten
- What better way to sample the culinary delights of a region than by pedaling along its backroads, enjoying the scenery and working up an appetite for the next meal. Away Top Ten
- Hiking is a great family pastime, to be sure, but the concept of "peak bagging" adds an exciting twist to these family strolls. Away Top Ten
- Rocky Knob Cabins, Blue Ridge Parkway, Virginia. Gorp Top Ten
- Great destinations for traveling leaf-peepers. Gorp Top Ten
- North Carolina. Gorp Top Ten
- Follow the foot trail that runs from the North Woods of Maine to Atlanta, Georgia. Gorp Travel
- Backyard for Big Kids. Gorp Travel
- Blue Ridge Parkway. Gorp Travel
- of the Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains. Gorp Travel
- High Mountain Wilderness Views in North Carolina - French Broad River to Mount Pisgah Picnic Area. Gorp Travel
- East: Shenandoah to the Smokies: Blue Ridge Parkway, Virginia and North Carolina. Gorp Top Ten
- Skyline Drive to Mile 10+. Gorp Travel
- North Carolina. Gorp Travel
- Gorp Travel
- North Carolina: The Blue Ridge Parkway. Gorp Travel
Top Answers To Blue Ridge Parkway Travel Questions
If you're going down to Boone, you can get on and off the highway anywhere since it goes right through the city. One place you could stop by for lunch would be the Cafe Portofino on Rivers Street.
You can ride the Parkway for a total of 469 miles as it rolls from Virginia in the north to North Carolina in the south. It combines Shenandoah's snaking Skyline Drive and ends just outside of Great Smoky Mountains National Park. You can find more info, including ideas for things to do and recommended places to stay, here: http://vacation.away.com/virginia/travel-v2-cid8830-blue-ridge-parkway-cid350266-active-and-adventure-vacations.html. There are loads of access points along the entire route; you can find some good maps here: http://www.blueridgeparkway.org/maps.htm.
It takes about 5 hours. It's about 300 miles.
Answer this1 AnswerAccording to a website dedicated to the Brown Mountain Lights, you can see them on most nights throughout the year. Some of the most common Parkway locations to view the lights are at Mile Post 302 at Brown Mountain Light Overlook and at Mile Post 301 at Green Mountain Overlook.