Expert Travel Advice to Aruba
- To give or not to give, that's usually the question when traveling abroad. These days, the answer is usually to tip, but in some countries that can be a major faux pas. Here is our guide to tipping etiquette around the world. Away Practical Advice
- Away Travel
- They say life begins at 30, but that doesn't mean you shouldn't squeeze as much adventure as possible into your 20s. Here, Away.com editor Lacy Morris lists 30 things every person with a bit of wanderlust must see and do before they're 30. Away Top Ten
- Our family-travel expert Steve Jermanok scours the Caribbean and Central America and delivers his list of the best family-friendly locales in the region. Away Top Ten
- Wind and Waves. Away Travel
- An island paradise in miniature, Aruba is the perfect destination for water babies of all ages, as Tom Groganage one-and-a-bitdiscovers. Away Travel
- Colorful, crazy, and Caribbeanthat about sums up these ten island festivals, where you'll want to get on your feet and party like a local. Away Top Ten
- Away Top Ten
- Bonnier Travel
- Away Travel
- Away Travel
- Aruba: Catch a Wave. Gorp Top Ten
- Aruba: Two-Sided Treasure. Gorp Travel
Top Answers To Aruba Travel Questions
Answer this1 AnswerThe Aruba high season generally starts up between Thanksgiving and the Christmas period and keeps going through the equivalent of the Northern Hemisphere's winter doldrums. Weather-wise, November temps and the climate will be ideal, though things will be pretty dead in the early part of the month -- however, depending on your perspective, this may be a good thing as you'll have more of the island to yourself before the crowds really pick up. Aruba lies just below the Caribbean's hurricane belt, so weather is pretty steady year-round.
Lacy answered:I don't believe there are any official topless beaches (a quick Google search agrees) but there are plenty of little coves and hidden beaches that you could hike to and probably get away with a little topless sunbathing.
Most cruises dock in Oranjestad, Aruba's capital city. it's walking distance from the town so there are plenty of shops and restaurants nearby. Don't forget to check our page for ideas on what to do while there.
Daryl asked:Answer this1 AnswerAwayModerator answered:Hi Daryl, hopefully these family-favorite Caribbean all-inclusives, reviewed by freelance travel writer Kara Williams, can point you in the right direction: http://bit.ly/liVuBp. We also have more ideas in this photo gallery profiling our top picks for the best budget all-inclusives, as recommended by writer Christina Antoniades: http://bit.ly/pcsD9f. Of these, you might consider Aruba's Manchebo Beach Resort & Spa or the Majestic Colonial Punta Cana. More top-rated all-inclusives reviewed here: http://bit.ly/nBzazf, or check out Away.com's favorite family resorts here: http://bit.ly/vgHkda (including Belize's ever-popular Lodge at Chaa Creek, an awesome spot for an unforgettable family vacation!). Have a great trip. Let us know if you need more ideas!