This lower end of this trail may be combined with the Cub Lake Trail for a six mile loop by taking a connecting trail southeast from The Pool, back toward Cub Lake. The trail becomes more difficult as it climbs up past Fern Falls and Fern Lake to Odessa Lake.
Fern Creek, Fern Lake, Spruce Lake and Odessa Lake offer catch-and-release fishing. Before fishing, check with the Park Service for license requirements, size and possession limits and other regulations.
Directions: From Estes Park, Travel west on Hwy 36 past the Beaver Meadows Entrance Station Bear Lake Road. Take this road south (left) to the turn--off for the Cub Lake and Fern Lake Trailheads and Moraine Park. The trailhead is about two miles on this road.
Elevation: 8,155 feet
Elevation Gain: 200 feet
Distance: 4.4 miles
- Be the first to Review
Expert Review of Fern Lake Trail
Active and Adventure Review of Fern Lake Trail
- Fern Lake Trail has a number of great backpacking sites and they are accessed directly from the trail.
Access: Fern Lake Trailhead; from Bear Lake Rd., turn west at Moraine Park and follow signs past the Cub Lake Trailhead
Rocky Mountain National Park, Colorado
Review by Wildernet Copyright © 2010 Wildernet.com all rights reserved.
- Rocky Mountain National Park, CO Hotel Prices Made Easy
Orbitz.com - Just Orbitz and go!
- Hotel Deals in Rocky Mountain National Park, CO
Expedia.com - Don't just travel. Travel right!
- Book Now with Cheap Tickets and Save on Rocky Mountain National Park, CO Hotels!
CheapTickets.com - Just click. You're there.
- Find the best rates for hotels in Rocky Mountain National Park, CO
Kayak.com - Life's a trip.