- Be the first to Review
Your rating for Fontana Lake
Expert Review of Fontana Lake
Parks and Outdoors Review of Fontana Lake
Parks and OutdoorsExpert Tips & Helpful Hints
- Fontana Marina, located near Fontana dam, offers kayak rentals and is also a good jumping-off place.
- Paddle up the Eagle Creek embayment to reach Lost Cove. Here, you can take the Lost Cove Trail up to the Shuckstack fire tower, which offers lake and mountain views from the Appalachian Trail.
- Late spring and summer are the best times to go, as Fontana Lake is at full pool and is the most scenic. Later in fall and during winter, the lake is excessively drawn down, exposing muddy banks.
Telephone Number: 865-436-1200
The details, dates, and prices mentioned here were accurate at the time of publication.
Review by Away Copyright © 2010 Away.com all rights reserved.
- Great Smoky Mountains National Park, NC Hotel Prices Made Easy
Orbitz.com - Just Orbitz and go!
- Hotel Deals in Great Smoky Mountains National Park, NC
Expedia.com - Don't just travel. Travel right!
- Book Now with Cheap Tickets and Save on Great Smoky Mountains National Park, NC Hotels!
CheapTickets.com - Just click. You're there.
- Find the best rates for hotels in Great Smoky Mountains National Park, NC
Kayak.com - Life's a trip.