- Be the first to Review
Your rating for Grand Canyon Railway
Expert Review of Grand Canyon Railway
Romance Review of Grand Canyon Railway
RomanceExpert Tips & Helpful Hints
- There are four fare options, including coach and first-class seating. But step up to a Dome Car, where 360-degree views are revealed from the upper deck. Or choose the Luxury Parlor Car, a no-kids option that is the last car on the train; it has a private bar and open-air rear platform.
Making its debut in 1901, this railway line is what first availed the marvel of the Grand Canyon to tourists during the golden age of rail travel. Departing each morning from the uninspired town of Williams, 30 miles west of Flagstaff, the vintage (+) More
Making its debut in 1901, this railway line is what first availed the marvel of the Grand Canyon to tourists during the golden age of rail travel. Departing each morning from the uninspired town of Williams, 30 miles west of Flagstaff, the vintage locomotive travels 65 miles to Grand Canyon Village through varied landscapes of ponderosa pines and open high desert. During the two-hour, 15-minute journey to the canyon rim, western songs are performed by strolling musicians, and "cowboys" with six-shooters hold up the train at one point. If you take the train as a day trip, you'll have just over three hours at the South Rim before re-boarding for the trip back to Williams. Consider booking a rail-hotel package and spending a few nights at one of the South Rim lodging options. (-) Close
Telephone Number: (800) THE-TRAIN
Fax: (303) 297-3175
The details, dates, and prices mentioned here were accurate at the time of publication.
Review by Away Copyright © 2010 Away.com all rights reserved.
- Grand Canyon, AZ Hotel Prices Made Easy
Orbitz.com - Just Orbitz and go!
- Hotel Deals in Grand Canyon, AZ
Expedia.com - Don't just travel. Travel right!
- Book Now with Cheap Tickets and Save on Grand Canyon, AZ Hotels!
CheapTickets.com - Just click. You're there.
- Find the best rates for hotels in Grand Canyon, AZ
Kayak.com - Life's a trip.