As soon as the trail begins off Kancamagus Highway, it crosses Twin Brook then turns right and passes the intersection of Bolles Trail. The trail is along an old logging road, so the path is wide with an easy grade. The trail parallels much of Champney Brook where at 1.4 miles you make choose to take the small spur trail to views of Pitcher Falls and Champney Falls. The loop trail reenters the main path at 1.7 miles to begin ascending on switchbacks. At 3 miles Middle Sister Cutoff Trail enters from the left and travels to Middle Sister and First Sister. The trail ends at Piper Trail which offers access to Mt. Chocorua in .6 mile.
Directions: From Conway, NH, Travel 11.5 miles west on Kancamagus Highway (SR 112) to a parking area. Trail begins there.
Elevation: 3,500 feet
Elevation Gain: 2,250 feet
- Be the first to Review
Expert Review of Champney Falls Trail
Active and Adventure Review of Champney Falls Trail
- Located off the spectacular Kancamagus Highway, this gentle trail follows a stream for a mile and a half to a set of falls.
- In the winter you can hike in and watch ice climbers scale the frozen falls.
Parks and Outdoors Review of Champney Falls Trail
- Combine cascades and views on this popular hike.
- Hikers will be rewarded with two water featuresChampney Falls and Pitcher Falls, on a spur trail, while the main path.
- Intrepid hikers will continue the path to the Piper Trail and reach the top of Mount Chocorua.
White Mountain National Forest, New Hampshire
Review by Wildernet Copyright © 2010 Wildernet.com all rights reserved.
- Echo Lake-Cathedral Ledge State Park, NH Hotel Prices Made Easy
Orbitz.com - Just Orbitz and go!
- Hotel Deals in Echo Lake-Cathedral Ledge State Park, NH
Expedia.com - Don't just travel. Travel right!
- Book Now with Cheap Tickets and Save on Echo Lake-Cathedral Ledge State Park, NH Hotels!
CheapTickets.com - Just click. You're there.
- Find the best rates for hotels in Echo Lake-Cathedral Ledge State Park, NH
Kayak.com - Life's a trip.