There are eight trails in the Preserve totaling more than 45 miles. The longest is 18 miles while the shortest is less than one quarter mile. A few of our trails are fully accessible. Please use caution during the summer months when temperatures and humidity readings are higher than normal. Hike only during the early morning or late afternoon hours.
Pets are allowed in Big Thicket National Preserve provided that visitors abide by the following regulations or restrictions:
1. Pets must be restrained on leashes no longer than six ( 6 ) feet in length ( 1.8 meters ).
2. Pets are prohibited at any special event or program open to the public and in all areas designated for hunting, trapping, and camping during times established for these activities.
Directions: From Beaumont, TX, Seven miles north of Kountze, Texas, take FM 420 east for 2.5 miles to the Information Station for your personal orientation.
- Be the first to Review
Big Thicket National Preserve, Texas
Review by Wildernet Copyright © 2010 Wildernet.com all rights reserved.
- Big Thicket National Preserve, TX Hotel Prices Made Easy
Orbitz.com - Just Orbitz and go!
- Hotel Deals in Big Thicket National Preserve, TX
Expedia.com - Don't just travel. Travel right!
- Book Now with Cheap Tickets and Save on Big Thicket National Preserve, TX Hotels!
CheapTickets.com - Just click. You're there.
- Find the best rates for hotels in Big Thicket National Preserve, TX
Kayak.com - Life's a trip.