The trail leaves the Livermore Trail about .3 mile up from the parking lot off Livermore Road. The trail passes Scaur Trail then Goodrich Rock Trail before reaching the Mad River at 1.1 mile. Cross over Knight's Bridge where you will see the Flume Trail bearing right. The main trail crosses Flume Brook and several more small streams then enters the beautiful Greeley Ponds Scenic Area at about 2.5 miles. The trail crosses the Mad River once again then reaches the Lower Greeley Pond at 2.9 miles and the upper pond about .5 mile north. As the trail makes a gradual climb to Mad River Notch, it passes Mr. Osceola Trail on the left. The trail then descends as it approaches South Fork Stream and the Kancamagus Highway. South Fork Stream must be crossed.
Directions: From Waterville Valley, NH, Travel SR 49 to the northern tip of town and take Livermore Road (Forest Road 53) to a parking lot. Greeley Ponds Trail branches off the Livermore Trail about .3 mile up the path.
Elevation: 1,940 feet
Elevation Gain: 700 feet
- Be the first to Review
Expert Review of Greeley Ponds Trail
Parks and Outdoors Review of Greeley Ponds Trail
- Explore this watery trek that travels along a stream to reach Greeley Ponds, a pair of attractive mountain lakes, situated below Mad River Notch.
- It takes three miles from the trailhead to get to Greeley Ponds, but the designated scenic area is worth it. No fires are camping are allowed.
- Aggressive hikers can continue on from Mad River Notch to climb East Peak or Mount Osceola.
White Mountain National Forest, New Hampshire
Review by Wildernet Copyright © 2010 Wildernet.com all rights reserved.
- Lincoln, NH Hotel Prices Made Easy
Orbitz.com - Just Orbitz and go!
- Hotel Deals in Lincoln, NH
Expedia.com - Don't just travel. Travel right!
- Book Now with Cheap Tickets and Save on Lincoln, NH Hotels!
CheapTickets.com - Just click. You're there.
- Find the best rates for hotels in Lincoln, NH
Kayak.com - Life's a trip.