- Be the first to Review
Your rating for Cascade Lakes Highway
Expert Review of Cascade Lakes Highway
Parks and Outdoors Review of Cascade Lakes Highway
Parks and OutdoorsExpert Tips & Helpful Hints
- Aside from scenic beauty, the lakes accessed by the drive provide ample opportunities for boating, fishing, swimming, and hiking. Take a copy of the Cascade Lakes National Scenic Byway guide at the Bend Visitor & Convention Bureau.
- Across the highway from the marshes at Sparks Lake, you'll find the trailhead for Green Lakes, a series of small lakes in the Three Sisters Wilderness.
- Snow keeps the road closed west of Mount Bachelor from mid-November to late May.
Active and Adventure Review of Cascade Lakes Highway
Active and AdventureExpert Tips & Helpful Hints
- Due to heavy snowfall in the winter and early spring, the highway is closed past the entrance to Mount Bachelor parking lot from mid-November until late May.
- Formerly known as Century Drive, the route offers a day-long excursion during summer and fall. It is an official U.S. Forest Service National Scenic Byway.
- Fifteen miles west of Bend on the Cascade Lakes Highway are hiking, mountain biking and cross-country skiing opportunities at the Swampy Lakes area.
The details, dates, and prices mentioned here were accurate at the time of publication.
Review by Away Copyright © 2010 Away.com all rights reserved.
- Bend, OR Hotel Prices Made Easy
Orbitz.com - Just Orbitz and go!
- Hotel Deals in Bend, OR
Expedia.com - Don't just travel. Travel right!
- Book Now with Cheap Tickets and Save on Bend, OR Hotels!
CheapTickets.com - Just click. You're there.
- Find the best rates for hotels in Bend, OR
Kayak.com - Life's a trip.