- Be the first to Review
Your rating for Barbuda
Expert Review of Barbuda
Romance Review of Barbuda
RomanceExpert Tips & Helpful Hints
- Be sure to see Barbuda's frigate birds, which reside in a mangrove lagoon. The birds have six-foot wingspans, and during mating season—August to November—the males inflate an absurdly large bright red sack under their beaks, to impress the ladies. A boat can be arranged for the short trip to the nesting area.
- Don't miss a lunch of Barbuda's famed lobster.
If Antigua is "on the map," sister island Barbuda 27 miles away is supremely off the radar. Reachable only from Antigua, the island is too quiet for some—there are just 1,500 residents and precious few activities, even at the trio of tiny, (+) More
If Antigua is "on the map," sister island Barbuda 27 miles away is supremely off the radar. Reachable only from Antigua, the island is too quiet for some—there are just 1,500 residents and precious few activities, even at the trio of tiny, expensive resorts. But this back-of-beyond boasts some of the choicest undeveloped beaches in the Caribbean, long meandering carpets of plush sand, often pink in hue—a day trip can be highly memorable. A 90-minute ferry trip runs almost daily from St. John's, providing about five hours on the island; scheduled flights operate out of the Antigua airport and allow slightly more time on Barbuda. (-) Close
The details, dates, and prices mentioned here were accurate at the time of publication.
Review by Away Copyright © 2010 Away.com all rights reserved.
- Barbuda, Antigua and Barbuda Hotel Prices Made Easy
Orbitz.com - Just Orbitz and go!
- Hotel Deals in Barbuda, Antigua and Barbuda
Expedia.com - Don't just travel. Travel right!
- Book Now with Cheap Tickets and Save on Barbuda, Antigua and Barbuda Hotels!
CheapTickets.com - Just click. You're there.
- Find the best rates for hotels in Barbuda, Antigua and Barbuda
Kayak.com - Life's a trip.