- Be the first to Review
Expert Review of The Charleston Museum
Family Review of The Charleston Museum
- Tickets can be purchased separately for different museum attractions, such as The Heyward-Washington House and The Joseph Manigault House. Or buy a combination ticket for admission to all three. For kids, you'll have to purchase each ticket separately.
In Kidstory, the children's area of the museum, you can hear tall tales of the Lowcountry region, featuring an interactive storytelling station; learn more about the area's ecosystem and wildlife at Natural Discoveries; explore the life of a 19th-century lighthouse keeper in Lighting Up the Coast; and learn about turn-of-the-18th-century life in Charleston through the eyes of a young slave boy in The Port City. The Heyward-Washington house offers kids an opportunity to experience life as a child in colonial Charleston by playing with reproductions of period toys and trying on 18th-century costumes.
The museum isn't huge, which makes it particularly family-friendly. You can see a lot in an hour or two.(-) Close
360 Meeting St
Charleston, South Carolina
Review by Away Copyright © 2010 Away.com all rights reserved.
- Charleston, SC Hotel Prices Made Easy
Orbitz.com - Just Orbitz and go!
- Hotel Deals in Charleston, SC
Expedia.com - Don't just travel. Travel right!
- Book Now with Cheap Tickets and Save on Charleston, SC Hotels!
CheapTickets.com - Just click. You're there.
- Find the best rates for hotels in Charleston, SC
Kayak.com - Life's a trip.