- Be the first to Review
Your rating for Melbourne Zoo
Expert Review of Melbourne Zoo
Family Review of Melbourne Zoo
FamilyExpert Tips & Helpful Hints
- The zoo's "Behind the Scenes" program lets you get closer to the elephants, big cats, kangaroos, koalas, gorillas, or reptiles.
- "Animal Photo Experiences" provide the opportunity for families to get a souvenir photograph of their visit. Choose to have your picture taken with a giant tortoise, kangaroo, koala, or meerkat (children older than 5 only), or in the aviary.
- Families who buy a "Roar 'n' Snore" experience can enjoy dinner in the elephant house, explore the zoo after dark, and camp in the zoo. This is quite a rustic experience, and campers must provide their own sleeping bags and pillows.
If your children like wildlife, then there are plenty of reasons to visit Melbourne Zoo. Among its highlights are the gorilla family living in a tropical rainforest habitat and the Australian bush enclosures that house cuddly koalas, jumping (+) More
If your children like wildlife, then there are plenty of reasons to visit Melbourne Zoo. Among its highlights are the gorilla family living in a tropical rainforest habitat and the Australian bush enclosures that house cuddly koalas, jumping kangaroos, fluffy wombats, and platypuses and their distinctive duck-like beaks. Big and little kids will also love walking along the elevated walkways that allow them to experience the treetop world of the orangutan sanctuary, or meandering through the tropical glass house filled with colorful butterflies. Planning your visit around the "Meet the Keeper" presentations will ensure that your day is not only fun but educational, too. This busy program helps kids learn about everything from giant tortoises and tigers to meerkats and baboons. (-) Close
Elliot Ave., Parkville
Elliot Ave., Parkville
Parking: Daily 9am-5pm. Free guided tours daily from 10am-3pm; go to the Friends of the Zoo Office to arrange tours
Price: Admission A$22 (US$18/UK£8.80) adults, A$11 (US$8.80/UK£4.40) children 4-15, A$52 (US$42/UK£21) families of 4
Telephone Number: 03/9285 9300
Transportation: Tram: 55 going north on William St. to stop 25; 19 from Elizabeth St. to stop 16 (then a short walk to your left, following signposts). Train: Royal Park Station
Price Information: Admission A$22 (US$18/UK£8.80) adults, A$11 (US$8.80/UK£4.40) children 4-15, A$52 (US$42/UK£21) families of 4
The details, dates, and prices mentioned here were accurate at the time of publication.
Review by Away Copyright © 2010 Away.com all rights reserved.
- Melbourne, Australia Hotel Prices Made Easy
Orbitz.com - Just Orbitz and go!
- Hotel Deals in Melbourne, Australia
Expedia.com - Don't just travel. Travel right!
- Book Now with Cheap Tickets and Save on Melbourne, Australia Hotels!
CheapTickets.com - Just click. You're there.
- Find the best rates for hotels in Melbourne, Australia
Kayak.com - Life's a trip.