- Be the first to Review
Your rating for Altos de Chavon
Expert Review of Altos de Chavon
Romance Review of Altos de Chavon
RomanceExpert Tips & Helpful Hints
- At the heart of the village is the elegant and evocative stone Church of St. Stanislaus. A wedding here is pricey, but couples looking for a truly unique and gorgeous setting may want to consider it.
- If you're looking for artisan-made gifts and jewelry, visit Atelier by Emilio Robba, where you can watch artists at work. Then stop by the boutique or gallery for your purchase.
- On the downside, locals in traditional costumes have become aggressive in demanding pay if you photograph them. Come prepared with small bills or shoot around them.
Built to evoke the architecture and feel of a 16th-century Mediterranean village, Altos de Chavon is the very essence of romantic. The picture-worthy village, meticulously constructed over several years, sits high on cliffs above a bend in the (+) More
Built to evoke the architecture and feel of a 16th-century Mediterranean village, Altos de Chavon is the very essence of romantic. The picture-worthy village, meticulously constructed over several years, sits high on cliffs above a bend in the Chavon River. Elegant fountains and flowering trees grace the cobbled streets where shops and galleries entice visitors with exquisite artwork and intriguing goods. Even if you don't get married herethough it's perhaps the quintessential storybook setting in the Caribbeanyou should come to have photos taken. (-) Close
Casa de Campo
Casa de Campo
The details, dates, and prices mentioned here were accurate at the time of publication.
Review by Away Copyright © 2010 Away.com all rights reserved.
- La Romana, Dominican Republic Hotel Prices Made Easy
Orbitz.com - Just Orbitz and go!
- Hotel Deals in La Romana, Dominican Republic
Expedia.com - Don't just travel. Travel right!
- Book Now with Cheap Tickets and Save on La Romana, Dominican Republic Hotels!
CheapTickets.com - Just click. You're there.
- Find the best rates for hotels in La Romana, Dominican Republic
Kayak.com - Life's a trip.