- Be the first to Review
Expert Review of Fort Adams
Family Review of Fort Adams
- Wear comfortable shoes, as there's a lot of ground to cover here.
- Each June the Fort holds a family day with food and entertainment. Check the website for more details.
Fort Adams also features a beachside park where you can spend the day swimming, boating, fishing, or tossing a Frisbee. Sailboats and kayaks are available for rent, and serious boat lovers may want to visit the Museum of Yachting, also on the park’s grounds.
You can take a water taxi or ferry to a nearby village or Newport Harbor for lunch, or bring along a picnic (there are tables available). A variety of transportation options (water taxi, taxi, trolley, bus) make it easy to visit the fort and then move on to your next destination without having to take your car out of its parking place at the hotel. But if you want to drive, parking at the fort is plentiful and inexpensive.(-) Close
Parks and Outdoors Review of Fort Adams
- Come see this historic fort on the Rhode Island coast. You can walk the grounds and travel through the tunnels that formed this military installation that was occupied for over a century. The views of the greater Newport harbor will amaze you.
- In the warmer season, mid-May through October, you can take a guided tour of the fort. Tour the bastions, see where the officers who ran the fort lived, and learn about the changes the fort has gone through in the past.
- Time your visit with special events that are held at the fort or the nearby beaches and parks. Music festivals are a big hit around these parts.
off Harrison Avenue, State Park
Eisenhower Trust Building, 1 Lincoln Drive
Newport, Rhode Island 02840
Review by Away Copyright © 2010 Away.com all rights reserved.
- Newport, RI Hotel Prices Made Easy
Orbitz.com - Just Orbitz and go!
- Hotel Deals in Newport, RI
Expedia.com - Don't just travel. Travel right!
- Book Now with Cheap Tickets and Save on Newport, RI Hotels!
CheapTickets.com - Just click. You're there.
- Find the best rates for hotels in Newport, RI
Kayak.com - Life's a trip.