- Be the first to Review
Your rating for Casibari and Ayo Rock Formations
Expert Review of Casibari and Ayo Rock Formations
Parks and Outdoors Review of Casibari and Ayo Rock Formations
Parks and OutdoorsExpert Tips & Helpful Hints
- Ayo and Casibari are located near each other—inland from Andicuri Beach; north of the village of Santa Cruz—which makes them good stops on a scenic drive through the island's interior countryside.
- The small cave at Ayo has pictographs made by pre-Colombian natives who migrated to Aruba from South America.
- Casibari is the more visited of the rock formations, so visit early to avoid tour groups. Snacks and drinks are sold at a refreshment stand near the entrance.
Geologists have no explanation for the massive pile of boulders that jut up from the typically flat Aruban landscape at Ayo and Casibari. Legends surround both sites, and petroglyphs at Ayo suggest the sites were considered sacred. At Ayo, paved (+) More
Geologists have no explanation for the massive pile of boulders that jut up from the typically flat Aruban landscape at Ayo and Casibari. Legends surround both sites, and petroglyphs at Ayo suggest the sites were considered sacred. At Ayo, paved pathways lead up and around the boulders to a peaceful site with fewer visitors than Casibari. Sunsets here are particularly amazing, and your only company will probably be birds and iguanas. Steps lead to the smooth stone dome at the top of Casibari, where you'll have an unobstructed view of Hooiberg. Narrow ledges and passageways add adventure—and a bit of risk—to the climb. (-) Close
Parking: 9 am -5 pm daily
Price: No charge.
Price Information: No charge.
The details, dates, and prices mentioned here were accurate at the time of publication.
Review by Away Copyright © 2010 Away.com all rights reserved.
- Oranjestad, Aruba Hotel Prices Made Easy
Orbitz.com - Just Orbitz and go!
- Hotel Deals in Oranjestad, Aruba
Expedia.com - Don't just travel. Travel right!
- Book Now with Cheap Tickets and Save on Oranjestad, Aruba Hotels!
CheapTickets.com - Just click. You're there.
- Find the best rates for hotels in Oranjestad, Aruba
Kayak.com - Life's a trip.