- Be the first to Review
Your rating for Piazza Tasso
Expert Review of Piazza Tasso
Family Review of Piazza Tasso
FamilyExpert Tips & Helpful Hints
- Named for one of Italy's most famous poets (his statue graces the square), the piazza is the entryway to Sorrento's historic center where you can see the old walls that once surrounded the city, fortified in the 1500s to keep out the marauding, vicious Saracens.
- You can watch craftspeople create Sorrento's famed wood marquetry and take a horse-drawn carriage ride. At one side of the square is the church of Maria del Carmine, a structure one writer described as a "Rococo wedding cake."
- From the piazza, walk into the historic center to Sedile Dominova, an inviting 16th century open-air structure with arches, columns, balustrades, and frescos. Eat at a cafe and be seranaded by waiters singing the haunting "Come Back to Sorrento" (perhaps not as haunting as when Luciano Pavarotti, Frank Sinatra, Mario Lanza, or Dean Martin sang it, but still...).
The details, dates, and prices mentioned here were accurate at the time of publication.
Review by Away Copyright © 2010 Away.com all rights reserved.
- Sorrento, Italy Hotel Prices Made Easy
Orbitz.com - Just Orbitz and go!
- Hotel Deals in Sorrento, Italy
Expedia.com - Don't just travel. Travel right!
- Book Now with Cheap Tickets and Save on Sorrento, Italy Hotels!
CheapTickets.com - Just click. You're there.
- Find the best rates for hotels in Sorrento, Italy
Kayak.com - Life's a trip.