- Be the first to Review
Your rating for Akershus Slott og Festning (Akershus Castle & Fortress)
Expert Review of Akershus Slott og Festning (Akershus Castle & Fortress)
Family Review of Akershus Slott og Festning (Akershus Castle & Fortress)
FamilyExpert Tips & Helpful Hints
- Check the schedule for the English language guided tours.
- The Akershus Slott (castle) along with the Akershus Festning(fortress) were constructed in 1300 as a royal fort and residence to protect Oslo when it became Norway's capital. The structures, rebuilt and enlarged over the centuries, serve as city icons.
- The fortress museum details the structure's history and the castle guided tour leads you through state rooms, banquet halls, and into the bleak dungeons.
Parking: Sept 1-May 31 Mon-Fri 10am-4pm; Sat-Sun 11am-4pm. June 1-Aug 31 Mon-Sat 10am-5pm
Price: Admission 40NOK ($6.15/£3.30) adults, 10NOK ($1.55/80p) children, family ticket 80NOK ($12/£6.55)
Telephone Number: 22-41-25-21
Transportation: Tram: 10 or 12
Price Information: Admission 40NOK ($6.15/£3.30) adults, 10NOK ($1.55/80p) children, family ticket 80NOK ($12/£6.55)
The details, dates, and prices mentioned here were accurate at the time of publication.
Review by Away Copyright © 2010 Away.com all rights reserved.
- Oslo, Norway Hotel Prices Made Easy
Orbitz.com - Just Orbitz and go!
- Hotel Deals in Oslo, Norway
Expedia.com - Don't just travel. Travel right!
- Book Now with Cheap Tickets and Save on Oslo, Norway Hotels!
CheapTickets.com - Just click. You're there.
- Find the best rates for hotels in Oslo, Norway
Kayak.com - Life's a trip.