- Be the first to Review
Your rating for Vikingskiphuset (Viking Ship Museum, University Museum of Cultural Heritage)
Expert Review of Vikingskiphuset (Viking Ship Museum, University Museum of Cultural Heritage)
Family Review of Vikingskiphuset (Viking Ship Museum, University Museum of Cultural Heritage)
FamilyExpert Tips & Helpful Hints
- Take the ferry here.
- The 64-foot "Oseberg," a dragon boat built between 815 and 820 A.D, appears almost sculptural with its narrow, oak hull and curved lines. This ship was powered by thirty oarsmen and was the grave ship for a high ranking Viking queen in 834 A.D. The "Gokstad," a Viking longship built around 890 A.D. served as a grave ship for a Viking chieftain.
- Family tickets available; this museum (along with others) is free to holders of the Oslo Pass.
Huk Aveny 35
Huk Aveny 35
Parking: Oct-Apr daily 11am-5pm; May-Sept daily 9am-6pm
Price: Admission 40NOK ($6.15/£3.30) adults, 20NOK ($3.10/£1.65) children
Telephone Number: 22-13-52-80
Transportation: Ferry: From Pier 3 facing the Rådhuset (summer only). Bus: 30 from the National Theater
Price Information: Admission 40NOK ($6.15/£3.30) adults, 20NOK ($3.10/£1.65) children
The details, dates, and prices mentioned here were accurate at the time of publication.
Review by Away Copyright © 2010 Away.com all rights reserved.
- Oslo, Norway Hotel Prices Made Easy
Orbitz.com - Just Orbitz and go!
- Hotel Deals in Oslo, Norway
Expedia.com - Don't just travel. Travel right!
- Book Now with Cheap Tickets and Save on Oslo, Norway Hotels!
CheapTickets.com - Just click. You're there.
- Find the best rates for hotels in Oslo, Norway
Kayak.com - Life's a trip.