- Be the first to Review
Your rating for Stuart Island Marine State Park
Expert Review of Stuart Island Marine State Park
Beach Review of Stuart Island Marine State Park
BeachExpert Tips & Helpful Hints
- With its location in the middle of Haro Strait, orcas are a common sight in the offshore waters, which makes the park popular with kayakers and occasionally divers.
- The park has 18 primitive campsites, four of them exclusively for campers arriving by wind or human-powered craft.
- There are no stores, water may or may not be available, and campers must pack in what they need and pack out everything that remains.
Accessed only by boat, 85-acre Stuart Island is part of the Cascadia Marine Trail. The closest launching point is Roche Harbor on San Juan Island—a four-mile boat or kayak crossing.
Parking: 6:30 a.m. to dusk in summer
Price: No fee
Price Information: No fee
The details, dates, and prices mentioned here were accurate at the time of publication.
Review by Away Copyright © 2010 Away.com all rights reserved.
- Friday Harbor, WA Hotel Prices Made Easy
Orbitz.com - Just Orbitz and go!
- Hotel Deals in Friday Harbor, WA
Expedia.com - Don't just travel. Travel right!
- Book Now with Cheap Tickets and Save on Friday Harbor, WA Hotels!
CheapTickets.com - Just click. You're there.
- Find the best rates for hotels in Friday Harbor, WA
Kayak.com - Life's a trip.