- Be the first to Review
Expert Review of Lime Kiln Point State Park
Family Review of Lime Kiln Point State Park
- The best time for whale-watching is between 3:00 and 5:00 p.m., so if you want to see some Orcas try to plan your visit then.
An on-site lighthouse offers scheduled tours, as well as the use of a hydrophone so you can listen for whale songs and other underwater sounds. At the Lime Kiln Point Interpretive Center, you can see a life-sized model of a whale's dorsal fin, learn more about Orcas, or buy a souvenir in the gift shop. There are plenty of picnic tables and grassy spots in the park in case you'd like to bring along a lunch to eat while you enjoy the view.
Two hiking trails offer easy hikes up to the old lime kilns. Just make sure to look out for signs posted along the trail, as some areas are unstable and potentially dangerous.(-) Close
Beach Review of Lime Kiln Point State Park
- The 36-acre day-use park is more popularly known as Whale Watch Park because it is one of the best places in the world to view whales from land. Among the park's other features is the Lime Kiln Lighthouse and a self-guided interpretive trail. The are also guided walks and marine mammal programs offered.
- While the most famous viewees are the San Juan Islands' orca pods, you can also see minke whales, porpoises, seals, sea lions, and otters here.
- Peak whale-watching season is May through September.
Review by Away Copyright © 2010 Away.com all rights reserved.
- Friday Harbor, WA Hotel Prices Made Easy
Orbitz.com - Just Orbitz and go!
- Hotel Deals in Friday Harbor, WA
Expedia.com - Don't just travel. Travel right!
- Book Now with Cheap Tickets and Save on Friday Harbor, WA Hotels!
CheapTickets.com - Just click. You're there.
- Find the best rates for hotels in Friday Harbor, WA
Kayak.com - Life's a trip.