- Be the first to Review
Your rating for Blue Lagoon (The)
Expert Review of Blue Lagoon (The)
Gay and Lesbian Review of Blue Lagoon (The)
Probably the most photographed place in Iceland, the Blue Lagoon is actually not natural. The "lagoon" was formed in the 1970s when workers at a geothermal plant found that water which had run off into a lava pit seemed to have naturally beneficial (+) More
Probably the most photographed place in Iceland, the Blue Lagoon is actually not natural. The "lagoon" was formed in the 1970s when workers at a geothermal plant found that water which had run off into a lava pit seemed to have naturally beneficial healing properties on the skin. Today, the Blue Lagoon is a big business, drawing tourists who get special buses for layovers at the airport. They check in, dip in, and check out and get back to the airport in time for their connection flights. If you're exploring Reykjavik with more than a couple of hours to spare, you can spend more time here and soak up some of the local talent as well as the minerals in the water. Icelanders of all stripes like to bathe in the nude and the lagoon is no exception. But don't expect cruisy bathhouse behavior in the dressing rooms. If you see anything you like, the best strategy is for both of you to get dressed and go get a drink in one of Reykjavik's famous bars and get to know each other with clothes on first. (-) Close
Family Review of Blue Lagoon (The)
Editor Tips & Helpful Hints
- Many travelers in transit to or from the U.S. take a dip here before their connecting flights.
- Families with younger kids should skip the Blue Lagoon's thermal hot spots and massage treatments in favor of the more kid-friendly Árbaejarlaug pool, which has slides and children's play areas.
Parking: Call for details
Telephone Number: +354 (0)420 8800
Fax: +354 (0)420 8801
Neighborhood: Surrounding Areas
The details, dates, and prices mentioned here were accurate at the time of publication.
Review by Away Copyright © 2010 Away.com all rights reserved.
- Reykjavik, Iceland Hotel Prices Made Easy
Orbitz.com - Just Orbitz and go!
- Hotel Deals in Reykjavik, Iceland
Expedia.com - Don't just travel. Travel right!
- Book Now with Cheap Tickets and Save on Reykjavik, Iceland Hotels!
CheapTickets.com - Just click. You're there.
- Find the best rates for hotels in Reykjavik, Iceland
Kayak.com - Life's a trip.