- Be the first to Review
Your rating for Trevi Fountain (Fontana dei Trevi)
Expert Review of Trevi Fountain (Fontana dei Trevi)
Romance Review of Trevi Fountain (Fontana dei Trevi)
RomanceExpert Tips & Helpful Hints
- The Trevi is usually mobbed throughout the day and early evening. To the right of the fountain is a quiet area suited for lovers seeking refuge.
- Fountains have decorated the piazzas of Rome for more than 2,000 years, but the city's most romantic date to the 17th century. Don't miss the Baroque fountain in Piazza San Pietro; the Triton Fountain in Piazza Barberini; and the trio of gushers in the Piazza Navona, led by the Fountain of the Four Rivers, a theatrical tribute to the Nile, Danube, Plate, and Ganges rivers.
Rome brims with iconic fountains, but perhaps none is more romantic than the Trevi, the largest Baroque fountain in the city and one that was immortalized when Anita Ekberg stepped in for a frolic, in Fellini's La Dolce Vita. Improbably, the (+) More
Rome brims with iconic fountains, but perhaps none is more romantic than the Trevi, the largest Baroque fountain in the city and one that was immortalized when Anita Ekberg stepped in for a frolic, in Fellini's La Dolce Vita. Improbably, the Trevi Fountain erupts from the backside of a palazzo, allowing the sculptures of Oceanus, Abundance, and Salubrity to celebrate the arrival of water from one of the ancient Roman aqueducts. Bring some spare change: Tradition suggests that you toss three coins over your shoulder into the water to guarantee your return to Rome. (-) Close
Piazza di Trevi
Piazza di Trevi
Transportation: Metro: Barberini. Bus: 62, 85, 95, 175, or 492
The details, dates, and prices mentioned here were accurate at the time of publication.
Review by Away Copyright © 2010 Away.com all rights reserved.
- Rome, Italy Hotel Prices Made Easy
Orbitz.com - Just Orbitz and go!
- Hotel Deals in Rome, Italy
Expedia.com - Don't just travel. Travel right!
- Book Now with Cheap Tickets and Save on Rome, Italy Hotels!
CheapTickets.com - Just click. You're there.
- Find the best rates for hotels in Rome, Italy
Kayak.com - Life's a trip.