- Be the first to Review
Your rating for Durbar Square
Expert Review of Durbar Square
Family Review of Durbar Square
FamilyExpert Tips & Helpful Hints
- To spice up the square for the kids, arm yourself with background knowledge of the Hindu faith and its gods.
- Children who are not old enough to fully appreciate its magnificent architecture will be enthralled by the bustle of human activity that throngs the square.
Kathmandu's Palace (Durbar) Square is very much at the heart of the city's old town. Its rich architectural legacy includes the palaces of the Shah and Malla Kings, ornate temples, and elaborate shrines. Despite reconstructions and modifications (+) More
Kathmandu's Palace (Durbar) Square is very much at the heart of the city's old town. Its rich architectural legacy includes the palaces of the Shah and Malla Kings, ornate temples, and elaborate shrines. Despite reconstructions and modifications over the centuries and a devastating earthquake in 1934, Durbar Square is a striking testimony to the artistic and historical heritage of the Kathmandu Valley and is one of the seven sights that prompted UNESCO to add the region to its World Heritage List back in 1979. Don't miss the Maju Deval, a triple-roofed temple that dominates the square from a high-stepped base and offers great views. (-) Close
The details, dates, and prices mentioned here were accurate at the time of publication.
Review by Away Copyright © 2010 Away.com all rights reserved.
- Kathmandu, Nepal Hotel Prices Made Easy
Orbitz.com - Just Orbitz and go!
- Hotel Deals in Kathmandu, Nepal
Expedia.com - Don't just travel. Travel right!
- Book Now with Cheap Tickets and Save on Kathmandu, Nepal Hotels!
CheapTickets.com - Just click. You're there.
- Find the best rates for hotels in Kathmandu, Nepal
Kayak.com - Life's a trip.