- Be the first to Review
Your rating for Great Dolomite Road
Expert Review of Great Dolomite Road
Family Review of Great Dolomite Road
FamilyExpert Tips & Helpful Hints
- Pack up the car and family for what is called one of the greatest drives in Europe, the Strada della Dolomiti, 68 miles of engineering brilliance twisting its way through Italy's top-of-the-world landscape, presided over by the stark, soaring peaks of the Dolomites. Glorious photo ops wait around each of the dozens of hairpin turns as you travel between Bolzano and Cortina.
- The highest point on the drive is at 7,346-foot Passo Pordoi.
- Plan on 2 1/2 hours in each direction. You might get stuck behind a tour bus, but this isn't a road to race on. Rent a car and do the round-trip or make it part of your travels between the two cities. If you have time, stop at the top of Passo Falzarego and take the cable car up to Lagazoul and the World War I tunnels.
The details, dates, and prices mentioned here were accurate at the time of publication.
Review by Away Copyright © 2010 Away.com all rights reserved.
- Bolzano, Italy Hotel Prices Made Easy
Orbitz.com - Just Orbitz and go!
- Hotel Deals in Bolzano, Italy
Expedia.com - Don't just travel. Travel right!
- Book Now with Cheap Tickets and Save on Bolzano, Italy Hotels!
CheapTickets.com - Just click. You're there.
- Find the best rates for hotels in Bolzano, Italy
Kayak.com - Life's a trip.