- Be the first to Review
Your rating for South Tyrol Museum of Archaeology
Expert Review of South Tyrol Museum of Archaeology
Family Review of South Tyrol Museum of Archaeology
FamilyExpert Tips & Helpful Hints
- This museum was essentially built around Otzi, a 5,000-year-old-man who was discovered by hikers on the Italian-Austrian border in 1991. It covers 15,000 BC to 800 AD with superb, state-of-the-art technology and world-class exhibits.
- Otzi, whose clothes and tools were preserved with him under the ice for 5,000 years, is mummified; he's housed in a deep-freeze chamber (there are two backups, too) and viewable only through a small window. But there's a lifesize (and he isn't tall) replica near his chamber.
- There are adult-oriented audio tours in English, and signage is primarily in Italian and German but pictures make much of the information clear. If you have children too young for the audio tour, buy a book on Otzi in the museum store to help explain who he is and why a well-preserved man from the Copper Age is so scientifically important.
Parking: Tuesday-Sunday 10 am - 5:30 pm
Price: 8 Euro gen adm (6 for seniors, disabled & students)
Telephone Number: 39 0471 320100
Fax: 39 0471 320122
Price Information: 8 Euro gen adm (6 for seniors, disabled & students)
The details, dates, and prices mentioned here were accurate at the time of publication.
Review by Away Copyright © 2010 Away.com all rights reserved.
- Bolzano, Italy Hotel Prices Made Easy
Orbitz.com - Just Orbitz and go!
- Hotel Deals in Bolzano, Italy
Expedia.com - Don't just travel. Travel right!
- Book Now with Cheap Tickets and Save on Bolzano, Italy Hotels!
CheapTickets.com - Just click. You're there.
- Find the best rates for hotels in Bolzano, Italy
Kayak.com - Life's a trip.