- Be the first to Review
Your rating for Il Vesuvio
Expert Review of Il Vesuvio
Family Review of Il Vesuvio
FamilyExpert Tips & Helpful Hints
- The park is a hugely popular tour bus destination; even if you've elected to take a tour bus, go early in the morning to avoid crowds and give yourselves a chance to experience the natural beauty, awesome views into the crater and over the landscape.
- The national park has both mountain biking trails and some 15 hiking trails of varying difficulty. One of the easiest and most popular is Stradello della via Traverse, leading off of the road from Ercolano, which goes up the northern slope of Mt. Somma (one of two peaks here). Views of the Gulf of Naples are spectacular. The trail is short enough for young kids but steep. Allow about an hour.
- Get train info from the visitor center, and check out the old observatory that is now a small museum. The state-of-the-art working Osservatorio Vesuviano closely monitors seismic action here and, in fact, is where the seismic scale was invented.
The details, dates, and prices mentioned here were accurate at the time of publication.
Review by Away Copyright © 2010 Away.com all rights reserved.
- Naples, Italy Hotel Prices Made Easy
Orbitz.com - Just Orbitz and go!
- Hotel Deals in Naples, Italy
Expedia.com - Don't just travel. Travel right!
- Book Now with Cheap Tickets and Save on Naples, Italy Hotels!
CheapTickets.com - Just click. You're there.
- Find the best rates for hotels in Naples, Italy
Kayak.com - Life's a trip.