- Be the first to Review
Your rating for Isla Espiritu Santo
Expert Review of Isla Espiritu Santo
Beach Review of Isla Espiritu Santo
BeachExpert Tips & Helpful Hints
- Isla Espiritu Santo is generally considered one of La Paz's best islands for kayaking.
- Day visitors will enjoy long walks on the clean white beach, and campers can seek shelter in protected coves.
- Guided trips are extremely expensive. While they typically include food and supplies, kayakers could pay several hundred bucks apiece.
Family Review of Isla Espiritu Santo
FamilyExpert Tips & Helpful Hints
- The island is about 20 miles from La Paz. It's only about six miles across at its widest point, so hikers can easily go across it on a day trip.
- Most of the kayaking and day tour operators in La Paz offer tours to the island or kayak rentals for experienced paddlers.
In January of 2003 the Mexican government acquired this biologically diverse island in the Sea of Cortez and today is working with the Nature Conservancy to protect it. Some of the island's native animals are found nowhere else in the world, (+) More
In January of 2003 the Mexican government acquired this biologically diverse island in the Sea of Cortez and today is working with the Nature Conservancy to protect it. Some of the island's native animals are found nowhere else in the world, including the blacktailed jack rabbit and two species of snake. Espiritu Santo is also home to 53 endemic plant species and the waters around it support coral, sea lions, and more than 500 species of fish. It's also one of North America's most exquisite kayaking sites and an absolutely wonderful place to hike and beach camp. Isla Espiritu Santo is protected under UNESCO as a biosphere. (-) Close
Sea of Cortez
Sea of Cortez
Telephone Number: 800-446-3942
The details, dates, and prices mentioned here were accurate at the time of publication.
Review by Away Copyright © 2010 Away.com all rights reserved.
- La Paz, Mexico Hotel Prices Made Easy
Orbitz.com - Just Orbitz and go!
- Hotel Deals in La Paz, Mexico
Expedia.com - Don't just travel. Travel right!
- Book Now with Cheap Tickets and Save on La Paz, Mexico Hotels!
CheapTickets.com - Just click. You're there.
- Find the best rates for hotels in La Paz, Mexico
Kayak.com - Life's a trip.