- Be the first to Review
Your rating for Monte Generoso
Expert Review of Monte Generoso
Family Review of Monte Generoso
FamilyExpert Tips & Helpful Hints
- One of the best things about going to Monte Generoso is the cog railway that takes you up to the top. Once there, you have 360-degree views of Switzerland and Italy so bring your camera. The other best thing is the diversity of activities and sights. Ask about discounted railway tickets for children and families.
- One of the attractions here is the very cool Trail of the Planets. On the 1,968-foot trail, one step of about three feet is equivalent to crossing six million miles in the real planetary system. After hopping from planet to planet you can visit the Astronomical Observatory, too.
- Don't miss the Bears' Grotto. The remains of 300 cave bears were discovered here in 1988, as well as tools believed to have been used by Neanderthal man 40,000 to 60,000 years ago.
Parking: train schedules vary
Price: train ticket prices range from CHF 6 to CHF 39
Telephone Number: 41 (0)91 630 51 11
Fax: 41 (0)91 648 11 07
Price Information: train ticket prices range from CHF 6 to CHF 39
The details, dates, and prices mentioned here were accurate at the time of publication.
Review by Away Copyright © 2010 Away.com all rights reserved.
- Lugano, Switzerland Hotel Prices Made Easy
Orbitz.com - Just Orbitz and go!
- Hotel Deals in Lugano, Switzerland
Expedia.com - Don't just travel. Travel right!
- Book Now with Cheap Tickets and Save on Lugano, Switzerland Hotels!
CheapTickets.com - Just click. You're there.
- Find the best rates for hotels in Lugano, Switzerland
Kayak.com - Life's a trip.