- Be the first to Review
Your rating for Dorsoduro
Expert Review of Dorsoduro
Romance Review of Dorsoduro
RomanceExpert Tips & Helpful Hints
- Gelato lovers might also stop at Campo Santa Margherita in Dorsoduro. In the square's northwest corner, the specialty at Gelateria Causin is zuppa inglese (English soup), a rich rum-based gelato with cherry-flavored biscuits swirled throughout. At the opposite corner, crema del doge—gelato with nuggets of orange and chocolate—fluffs from the trays at Il Doge.
A less-touristed quarter of Venice, Dorsoduro lures visitors to the Gallerie dell'Accademia, but most tourists overlook the thriving neighborhood west of the museum. It's an ideal place for couples to take the pulse of life in Venice. Next to the (+) More
A less-touristed quarter of Venice, Dorsoduro lures visitors to the Gallerie dell'Accademia, but most tourists overlook the thriving neighborhood west of the museum. It's an ideal place for couples to take the pulse of life in Venice. Next to the Church of San Trovaso, gondolas are carefully crafted and repaired in the squero (boatyard), just as they have been for centuries. Just across the canal from San Trovaso is Cantinone Già Schiavi, a 100-year-old enoteca (stand-up wine bar) where three-bite chiccheti (bar snacks)—crudités of octopus and zucchini, artichoke and bacon—are priced at one euro each, and small glasses of wine just slightly more. Before dusk, swing over to Zattere, a promenade along the Giudecca Canal where sunsets can be grand, often underlined by departing cruise ships. Enjoy the panorama on the small pier with a cup of rich gianduiotto gelato from Gelateria Nico, one of the city's top gelaterias. (-) Close
The details, dates, and prices mentioned here were accurate at the time of publication.
Review by Away Copyright © 2010 Away.com all rights reserved.
- Venice, Italy Hotel Prices Made Easy
Orbitz.com - Just Orbitz and go!
- Hotel Deals in Venice, Italy
Expedia.com - Don't just travel. Travel right!
- Book Now with Cheap Tickets and Save on Venice, Italy Hotels!
CheapTickets.com - Just click. You're there.
- Find the best rates for hotels in Venice, Italy
Kayak.com - Life's a trip.